Search results

1. 5

BASS!

For now I am on headphones (Hifiman Arya) it's intense.
  2. 5

BASS!

This is BRUTAL. The bass at 3 mins 30 secs is ... whoa. Then there's a bunch of like 10-15 khz stuff also. Good test track.
  3. 5

So -- I see there's now a "Denafrips" loudspeaker

OK - so everyone is mad and agitated but... How do they sound?
  4. 5

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

But I did :) Danny responded to me on YouTube telling me that he can, in fact, audibly hear the difference between PVC and PTFE insulation on a wire. He owes me an ounce and a half of bourbon and a new t-shirt.
  5. 5

GR Research B24 AC Cord Review

Danny will tell you how many twists per inch are in this cable and how he can audibly hear the twists, in 3....2......1.......
  6. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

Yeah as a comp sci guy it's very apparent that MQA is snake oil nonsense.
  7. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

No doubt the Modius is a great component for what it does and where it's priced. I used the one you're buying until my X18 came. It was fine - and honestly, I can't hear a difference between the Modius and X18 in ordinary testing, but I also can't play DSD through the Modius. If I could...
  8. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

I agree that Schiit is at least responsive. I am not sure if the service is great as some have claimed, but responsive, in any capacity, sure beats non-responsive. I like the styling of Schiit. I don't really like the snark or the "we don't do that because we're above it" -- I get it, but I...
  9. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

Shameless plug but I have a Schiit Modius I just listed in the classifieds today
  10. 5

SMSL SH-9 Headphone Amp + Schiit Modius DAC For Sale

Hey all - I picked up this combo very recently while testing different setups. The SMSL SH-9 was purchased on 5/16 from Apos Audio. The Schiit Modius was purchased second hand on an audio Discord. Both units are in perfect condition. I will include a SnakeOil XLR Mini-Link w/ the Modius...
  11. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

But you would think that the SU-9N is 98% identical to the SU-9. I happened to return my SU-9N only because I decided to get a Gustard X18, but that's probably victim to the same issues.
  12. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

But are there any that support DSD512, balanced, etc., that aren't $3,000?
  13. 5

S.M.S.L SU-9n issue

Interested to see how they replace it. Whether you have to send it back to China or some place else.
  14. 5

Topping D90 vs SMSL SU-9 vs SMSL M500v2 vs Schiit Modius

Good luck! I confirmed the return on my SMSL SU-9n not because it was bad or anything, but after testing it back to back more with this $100 second hand Modius I cannot hear a bit of difference. Sure, I can't play DSD, but I don't own any anyway. I think the Modius "only" goes to 24-bit/192...
  15. 5

Topping D10s USB DAC and Bridge Review

I have a Toslink running over to a Sony AV receiver hooked up to some Mirage towers for S&Gs and I have issues every now and then with it outputting over optical after having output over RCA for days.
  16. 5

Topping D90 vs SMSL SU-9 vs SMSL M500v2 vs Schiit Modius

I hate to resurrect an old post... but I will. I picked up an SMSL SU-9n and an SMSL SH-9 to pair with my Hifiman Arya's. Been listening to that for a bit and sure, the display can tell me when it's receiving HD audio and what rate, etc. and that's nice. Then I found a second hand Schiit...
  17. 5

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

Hey all - do not want to break forum rules, but I recently designed and printed stack brackets that help align the SU-9n (or non-N I'd imagine) to the SH-9. I picked both up based on Amir's reviews and while they are great as-is, they were constantly sliding around atop one another. I printed...
Top Bottom