Search results

1. B

Please help troubleshooting Hypex NC500MP

Thanks. New build for me. I bought the module on ebay. This is the test case. I'll verify the 10v and then chalk it up to learning experience.
  2. B

typo on the - the three pins are all ~5v Here are the Amp on measurements with the j6.3 to j6.9 connected J6.1 to j6.3 = 4.5V j6.2 to j6.3 = 5.2V j6.4 to j6.3 = 6.1V
  3. B

really sorry - first measurements the amp was off Here are the Amp on measurements with the j6.3 to j6.9 connected J6.1 to j6.3 -4.5V. j6.2 to j6.3 = .5.2V j6.4 to j6.3 = 6.1V
  4. B

so with the j6.3 to j6.9 connected J6.1 to j6.3 0.5 mV j6.2 to j6.3 = 0.6 mV j6.4 to j6.3 = 0.8 mV
  5. B

thanks for the help. The data sheet for the J7 says its for a tweeter amp and should not be used for other purposes. The J4 is the main out
  6. B

retrying on J6. without the jumper I get 5 volts between j6.3 and j6.4
  7. B

wait - sorry I was on the J4 connector
  8. B

So 1 to 4 is 10.25 and 2 to 4 is 10.36
  9. B

I get 0v between j6.3 and j6.4
  10. B

Adding picture
  11. B

Hi all, I'm at a loss to figure out what's wrong with my Hypex NC500mp build but I'm not getting any sound from it. I have a balanced input that I've verified works fine through my Crown D75 but when I swap in the NC500MP I get nothing. These units have the built in power supply and I"ve...
  12. B

Hypex NC500MP mono build

Well - finally fired up the amp to test it and alas no sound. I hear an audible click when turn the on on which I assume is the amp going from standby to on but no sound is coming through the amp. I checked for any DC on the circuit and only see a few Mv. Anyone have any ideas for what I...
  13. B

Hypex NC500MP mono build

Another question for you guys. I bought a cheap case on ebay - the case has is thin aluminum and has "rails" on the bottom. Is that an issue for the heat sink/cooling?
  14. B

Hypex NC500MP mono build

NTK - thank you for the diagrams and the assurance that I'm on the right track. Wasn't 100% sure on the signal to case. I think I'll use the "extra" ground pin on the Neutrix connector unless I'm told I should make another connection to the case. Not as pretty as a lot of builds here but it...
  15. B

Hypex NC500MP mono build

HI all, I'm building a NC500MP mono amp to power a Rel Britannia sub. I'll be using a MiniDSP Flex for crossover and DSP. Amp is almost together but I want to check-in to be sure I understand the singal wiring correctly. On the XLR to Hypex board(J4)connection I'm using shielded microphone...
  16. B

miniDSP Flex

Just got notified that my flex has shipped by DHL. Hope to see it on Monday. I'm happy!
  17. B

miniDSP Flex

Thanks Geronimo. I ordered 6 days after you so I have hope. Did you receive any shipping notification form MiniDSP when it was sent?
  18. B

miniDSP Flex

If you recently received a Flex balanced in the US, can you let me know when you ordered it? Ordered mine last week and just trying to gauge when I might see it. Itching to dive into the DSP rabbit hole. Thank you!
Top Bottom