Search results

1. K

Benchmark AHB2 Review (Updated Measurements)

I’m getting constant popping from my AHB2 out of nowhere. It was working fine one day connecting via XLR to the source and bananas to my towers. The next day, nothing but popping, even if the source is turned to 0…
  2. K

HT subwoofers way cheaper than Genelec subwoofers?

For someone with theoretically or practical knowledge of these different kinds of subwoofers, why does something like the https://www.genelec.com/7350a cost so much more per watt than https://www.svsound.com/products/pb-2000-pro ? From what I can see, the PB-2000 has more wattage, deeper bass...
  3. K

1990 Klipsch Forte II's: How do they stack up?

I inherited a pair of tower speakers, with the attached tag. These were from well before I got into audio equipment, so I was hoping to get some advice from some of the more seasoned members here. How do these stack up compared to modern towers from SVS and/or Klipsch? Would they get thrashed by...
  4. K

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Bass is the most power hungry part of the frequency spectrum. If you're not near field, I could definitely believe the bass will suffer. I use mine with an external sub with an active crossover, and I have no problems at mid field.
  5. K

Apos customer service?

After some back and forth with customer service, they agreed to take the return and issue a refund. Legally speaking, they had grounds to deny my return request, but I think they made the right decision from a customer service point of view, and for that, they get a lot of credit in my book. I...
  6. K

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

TBH I have the budget to pay much more for an Okto, and I would consider it if they were ever in stock. However, I CBA to monitor the company's supply. Okto won't make a wait list or give production predictions for some reason. I emailed the company asking for an estimate of the next production...
  7. K

4 dacs can "work," but consider that: - it will be 4x the devices - many more wires and power outlets - may require much more initial configuration on the computer - I've read that there can be sync issues between clocks when using multiple DACs
  8. K

Unless you already have a free laptop or computer lying around, in which case it's cheaper to go the HTPC route. Modern AVRs support more codecs, such as object-based (aka height support), which HTPCs cannot (or at least not without spending a LOT of licensing money). That's is their primary...
  9. K

I see this as a device for HTPC's. Topping's marketing should be trying to reach out to users of software like JRiver, etc.
  10. K

To those who want to integrate MiniDSP, you could use something like this https://www.minidsp.com/products/dirac-series/ddrc-88a. Chain would be PC -> DM7 -> DDRC-88A -> Amplification -> Speakers. Alternatively, if you want to keep a fully balanced audio chain and DSP each channel, I believe...
  11. K

The Emotiva device should work just fine. I also created a bit of a DIY remote controlled trigger system: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-add-a-12v-trigger-to-topping-audio-chain.33997/#post-1189473. The bit about polarity is quite important as most audio...
  12. K

Apos customer service?

Yeah, against my better judgment, I purchased another item on Apos. I tried to initiate a return well within the return period, and after several days of silence, they're claiming it's "final sale." This is the listing for the item...
  13. K

I've had no reliability issues with my LA90 and I use it almost daily. If there are significant reliability issues in the macro, they will surface and we will re-evaluate the value proposition. But assuming the baseline that this is as reliable as most of Topping's amps (PA5 being an exception)...
  14. K

I don't think anyone is saying that the SINAD difference is audible. Even Amir frequently states that the level of quality is so high that differences are inaudible. So why are you so bitter about this point? It's not "mindless" to appreciate SINAD. As said by myself, and many others, it is a...
  15. K

The Purifi is directly compared to the LA90 in some of the graphs of Amir's review. It's a great amp, and if cost is removed from the equation, maybe it's a better overall amp for many use cases. But it is class D and it doesn't beat the LA90 on SINAD, which is the LA90's claim to fame. And...
  16. K

If you look up a speaker spl calculator online, you can plug in the listening distance among some other numbers and determine if it's enough power for you. You can also get some more mileage out of the LA90 with an active crossover to a dedicated sub if you have one lying around.
  17. K

TS should definitely work. TRS might. Haven't tested.
  18. K

[US-Los Angeles] NAD C 275BEE for sale

I've listed the item here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/334486947577?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=FAeZXx7FRj2&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=FAeZXx7FRj2&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY I'm also happy to give a 10% discount on the buy-it-now if we go through DM's. If you have a reasonable...
  19. K

Overall, I really don't understand the camp that seems bitter that Topping decided to build a power amplifier in the LA90 that weights sound quality over power, and achieved that goal at the highest level. Can someone, ideally impartial, help us understand?
  20. K

Not sure where all these accusations are coming from, nor do I understand the inflammatory tone. I own many Topping products -- 3 DAC's, a headphone amp, and the LA90. I haven't had a problem with any of them. I've also read online that Topping honors their warranties, but you have to ship to...
Top Bottom