Search results

1. wacomme

Strange Sound Dropouts

Every 5 minutes of so (fairly random after playing music the sound stops. The music plays, but there is no sound. To rectify the problem I increase the volume and the sound returns. I can then turn down the sound and the music plays until the cycle repeats itself. What's going on? I have a SMSL...
  2. wacomme

Music Server for Work Office

My work PC laptop (Windows 10) is heavily restricted, as is the internet access (though remarkably I can get Tidal). I've tried to get Equalizer APO to work on my PC laptop to no avail. Lately, I've been trying to get audio out to a Topping E30II dac. I also have a L50 that allows me the option...
  3. wacomme

Using Raspberry Pi as DSP Only to Wiim Mini

I have both the Raspberry Pi (with touchscreen case) and Wiim Mini. I much prefer Wiim's app interface (as well as using Tidal Connect) to the Raspberry Pi's Volumio interface. My wife also likes the Alexa integration with Wiim. However, the DSP on the Wiim is underwhelming. The DSPFusion DSP...
  4. wacomme

Did I Fry My Audio System?

Having returned home from 13 days in the hospital and two spinal surgeries resulting in my entire lumbar spine being fused, I was hoping to recover with music in my office/2nd bedroom. But alas, I have no music. None. I'm now trying to trouble-shoot the problem, and with very limited movement...
  5. wacomme

Low Cost Music Server or Streamer With EQ

I want to set up a music server or streamer in my living room. Upstairs in my home office I use a Macbook Air M1 streaming both Apple Music and Tidal. I use HLConvolver for my EQ to Kali LP-6 v2 monitors. Downstairs I have Adam T5V monitors in my living room connected to a Topping E30ii dac and...
  6. wacomme

Balanced DAC for Powered Speakers and Wiim Mini

So many choices . . . What's a good DAC with a toslink connection to the Wiim Mini streamer and powered monitors (Adam T5V) with a balanced connection between DAC and monitors? I also want a preamp (I presume) to adjust the volume of the monitors when not using a remote (iPhone) for the...
  7. wacomme

DAC Recommendation for Wiim Mini or Pro

I need a DAC for my new Wiim Mini (may exchange for Pro) that has optical in. I know the Topping E30ii will work, but I've been reading about skipping problems with the the E30ii. I'm looking for something inexpensive, but reliable. It'll be used in the living room to run powered stereo...
  8. wacomme

Confused and Need Help With Streamers, Servers, Etc.

My head is spinning with many options, and I'm not sure if any option will work. What does work is my desktop setup - Macbook Air - Topping L50 amp - SMSL DO100 dac - connect to headphones or Adam T5V monitors (L50 bypass and volume controlled via dac). What also works is a lossless portable...
  9. wacomme

Adam T5V Volume Concern

I have a pair of Adam T5V on my desk connected with balanced cabling to a Topping L50 amp and SMSL DO1000 dac. The monitors run passthrough to the L50 and I control volume via the dac. I run EQ on my Mac via HLConvolver and Blackhole. For 95% of my listening the volume is good, but if I want to...
  10. wacomme

Want Work Lossless Streaming Headphone Setup

I'm seeking a better solution than I currently have. My work regulates my PC and internet so that I cannot stream music via my work PC. Thus, I use my iPhone - camera adapter - Qudelix 5K - headphones for lossless streaming music. The system works well. However, I'm worried that the lighting...
  11. wacomme

Alternative to iPhone + Dongle

At work my pc is controlled by my employer. So, for my music headphones setup I use my iPhone 14 Pro + camera adapter + Qudelix 5k. The setup is great and I can play lossless music to either iems or headphones. But, I use my iPhone a lot at work, and using it with the long dongle connection is...
  12. wacomme

iPhone Portable Solution That's Better than Bluetooth

I'm seeking a solution mostly for sports - hiking, gym, etc. I currently have an iPhone 14 Pro with an Apple Camera Adapter and a Qudelix 5K. The system works for lossless audio , but it's rather bulky and fragile for sports. I would love to have a mostly wireless solution where I can separate...
  13. wacomme

AMP for 2.0 and 2.1 Powered Desktop Monitors

I sometimes have low volume issues with my Adam T5V monitors. Most of the time it's fine, but for some tracks I lack sufficient volume to crank up the volume a bit when I'm not just sitting at my desk. I have the monitors connected via balanced cables to a Topping L50 amp and SMSL DO100 dac. For...
  14. wacomme

What Is Your Hearing Frequency Range?

I have some Adam T5V monitors that measure reasonably well down to 40Hz. I thought I might need a subwoofer, but subs that go below 40Hz are somewhat pricey ($400+). Then I thought, can I even hear that low? So I used REW on the Tones Generator screen and sent different frequencies to my ears...
  15. wacomme

DACs With and Without Auto-Mute

What's the purpose of auto-mute in dacs? I ask because my SMSL DO100 certainly has it, and it's a PITA. Granted, it seems to work fine under normal listening conditions, though I have heard other people having issues with silence in certain tracks, but to conduct REW measurements and resulting...
  16. wacomme

How to Add External Powered Stereo Speakers to TV With TV Remote Volume Control

I'm trying to add a pair of powered stereo speakers to a TV so that can bypass the small and poor sounding TV speakers. I'm not looking for anything fancy - I'll be using some old AudioEngine A2 speakers with RCA and 3.5mm inputs. I can do this with optical out and a simple dac. However, I...
  17. wacomme

REW For Simple Desktop Speakers?

Would a REW room configuration help for a simple desktop speaker setup? I have a small desk with two AudioEngine A2 powered speakers. I have them EQ'd through SoundSource software on my Mac using AUNBandEQ - some A2 PEQ file I found with a Google search. I figured I would also benefit from some...
  18. wacomme

Audirvana, SoundSource, and a Mac

I currently use SoundSource on my Mac for headphone EQ. It works great and I'm happy with it. I'm checking out Audirvana, mostly so I can control album selection from across the room using an iPhone app and a long headphone cable to my amp/dac connected to my Mac. I've tried Roon, and used its...
  19. wacomme

Raspberry Setup

I want DSP for my work audio setup. My work limits what I can install on my work computer - though, for some reason I'm able to get Tidal on my work computer (for now). I cannot install EQ software on my work PC; even Qudelix 5K software is blocked. Thus, I'm wondering if a Raspberry Pi setup...
  20. wacomme

Balanced 4-pin Headphone Extension Cable, Male XLR to Female XLR - 10ft.

I'd rather not learn and build my own. I'd also like something inexpensive. These seem to be hard to find. Suggestions?
Top Bottom