Search results

1. H

HIFIMAN Susvara Headphone Review

This looks like an additive PEQ How much headroom do you use in Roon?
  2. H

xDuoo TA-20 Tube Balanced Headphone Amplifier Review

If sh*t goes in... Sh*t comes out... The curious thing is that people use to "see" how perform something that is supposed to be used with "ears"... ;)
  3. H

Amplification and The HE6se v2

As far as I remember it has an internal a jumper to bypass resistors and output the same rate of binding posts to the front jack... Am I wrong?
  4. H

With ToppingStyle after EQ they still sound "rough" to me, sometimes harsh. With EF400 no need to EQ because the amp itself "fills the gaps" by design I guess... For sure there are other similar amps out there. My best experience for "dead flat" listening is via binding posts. I feel no need to...
  5. H

What happened with v2 is pretty clear. Understandably, it is very difficult to be recognised...
  6. H

HE6se V1 sounds fine (and loud) with EF400 in hi-gain NOS and volume at noon. No clipping and no distortions at all. XLR cable is very needed, single ended output is too "polite". I think it is due to impedance matching... Sound is full, complete and no need to eq on my side. Also L50 is fine...
  7. H

Topping L30 II Review (Headphone Amp)

The Aeon are well refined cans... I'd use something more "fine tuned" and versatile. If you want to stay in the "Topping world" I'd go for an A30Pro (can be found at the same price of the L50) or the new L70.
  8. H

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

I own the TA-20 too, it is on a different league compared to Flamingo. Easy guess... TA22 too will blow the Aune out. The xDuoo can drive planars, it also makes a rather good matching with HE560 Mk2 thanks to its high output impedance. The Flamingo simply doesn't. The "plain" Falmingo (no BT...
  9. H

Aune "Flamingo" Tube DAC

Same chip of the Aune but doubled in the xDuoo which seems to be the real TA20 "Mk2"... A far better suited product capable of driving more headphones for sure.
  10. H

xDuoo TA-20 Tube Balanced Headphone Amplifier Review

Anybody knows which is the hot pin of XLR input? Cannot find it anywhere.
  11. H

So you're listening with a double preamplification now... If you're feeding the Cyrus One with the Pre OUT of the Cyrus Quattro you're passing through two attenuators... A bit messy... Anyway the Tape Out should route the playing signal (no matter which one) bypassing volume controls. I'd try...
  12. H

Yes, you can, but signal will be altered by L30 volume control, since its output are only variable. If you need to feed an integrated amp I suggest you to try the CD Out to the Cyrus ONE and the Tape OUT to the Topping.
  13. H

Signal Input/Outputs are in Volt and not Watt. Cyrus Quattro is an hybrid CD player, which acts as a preamp for power amps. It has a "CD Direct Out" too which is a 2 Volts one.
  14. H

If your need is to add an headphone out to your Cyrus the best way is make it work as a "switch". You have to connect the LINE OUT (fixed one) of the Cyrus to the LINE IN of the Topping and you're done. Then switch using Cyrus controls.
  15. H

The difference between the Denon 5200 and AKG K371

I've been using D7200 with Mojo+Poly for years... Great pairing.
  16. H

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Too many... For shi**y recordings/productions Philips SHP2700 HD599 Closed for anything else Denon D7200 Denon D9200 Sony Z1R Open for anything else HE560 v2 LCD-X
  17. H

What is it that makes the 598's sound so much better than every other headphones I've tried?

The difference between 598 and 599 (aside different tuning) is the usage of "matching drivers" for L/R channels at the end of the line. This is the reason why some 598 could have different response in graphs between L/R.
  18. H

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

I've specified it is not a matter of levels... The output is the same. The output you're quoting is the one that goes out from the Chord. Qutest can be set to 1V, 2V or 3V out. The fact it is in my head... For sure it is. My ears as far as I know are mine... ;)
  19. H

Topping L50 Review (Headphone Amp)

L50 fed by D30Pro via XLR > TRS and XLR headphone out to my ears sounds better than the full single ended path. The 4pin XLR is not a truly balanced out but it is not only a matter of levels: it sounds far less "edgy" and more focused at the same time. The same happens with Qutest (3V RCA...
  20. H

Topping D90LE Filter question

D90 is an ESS based dac and this chip allows you to swap filters "on the fly". This happens also with other version of the ES9038. D30Pro has 4 Cirrus chips and there is a "skip" between each change, I can confirm that here the filter's contribute is slightly more listenable. Anyway... In my...
Top Bottom