Search results

1. D

Drop Dan Clark Audio Aeon Closed X

If an amp has both SE and balanced outputs, then yes 99% of the time the balanced output will provide more power. As I understand it, manufacturers designed it that way to save costs. The main advantage of a balanced output is lower noise, hence recording studios exclusively use it. For...
  2. D

I picked up a Burson Play Mate 2 today, very impressed with how it sounds. Really like the balance of detail and warmth/softness. Could listen to it all day (actually I did :)) with barely any fatigue. It sounds very natural, imaging and dynamics are good too. In my opinion it pairs very well...
  3. D

I applied Sample #2 and was pleased with it right away. It doesn't sound like it's missing anything to me. Haven't tried the average of the two samples yet, will give it a go to compare sometime. Thank you for sharing it, It's good stuff!
  4. D

Cheers! Yeah I couldn't be happier with how it sounds. The Asus sound card has served me well, I've used it pretty much on a daily basis for 12 years and it's never missed a beat. Apparently you can upgrade the headphone amp itself on these too, but it sounds great as is.
  5. D

I took out all the inserts, and even without EQ to my ears much preferred the sound. The details, especially in things like female vocals are so much more enjoyable. Like there is more sauce on the dish :) Then, I applied your EQ @Robbo99999 and oh my goodness..... I can't put these down. It's...
  6. D

They came in an hour ago, and the Asus Xonar STX for sure is enough to drive them (thankfully). On normal gain, I turn it up to 55% and it's pretty loud. On high gain, it's loud at 25%. First impressions without burn in or EQ is: They sound amazing. Detailed, fluid, smooth, balanced but not...
  7. D

That certainly clears things up and makes sense :) Cheers
  8. D

Appreciate your response, Yeah I thought about it, and I was going to make a thread to double check. With my limited electronics knowledge; An amp doesn't determine the ohms, but the headphones do? And gain is just how much power is delivered? That's my best guess.
  9. D

Thanks David, Good to know, I'll leave it on normal when I get it and see how it goes.
  10. D

I should be receiving my pair of the Aeon Closed X within the next couple of days, grabbed the last one from Amazon. Can barely wait! Hoping that my setup will give it enough juice, I'm just running a Asus Xonar STX (pci-e) soundcard which has a dedicated headphone amp. It has 3 different gain...
Top Bottom