Search results

1. S

Harman acquires Roon

Worst case for us would be that this was "acqui-hiring", which means they don't much care about the product, just the personnel. I figure Harman/Samsung will have lots of work for the folks at Roon, but maybe it won't be Roon-related at all.
  2. S

(Europe) Master Deals Thread on Audio Product Sales

For Dutch people: a set of Polk R200's for €399,- (attention: this is a one day offer with only 12 hours left). https://www.ibood.com/nl/s-nl/o/2x-polk-audio-reserve-r200-boekenplankspeaker/895589
  3. S

XMOS driver settings for no cutoff/delay

Here is Harry's response, there is no quick fix for Linux. https://community.roonlabs.com/t/release-ropieee-2023-07-1/249742/37
  4. S

Thanks, but this setting is already in place.
  5. S

Yay, found my problem! :D Thank you so much @Noodles . Tested it on Windows and this setting definitely fixes the issue. Only problem is I do not run the DAC via Windows but through RoPieeeXL. I have now asked the author if he can fix it...
  6. S

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

I think I'll also go for RoPieee XL, because I can't seem to get my girlfriend on the Roon bandwagon. Thanks for the suggestion.
  7. S

Or DietPi as on the Boss2? Not really a Pi connoisseur, I basically just need it to be a Roon endpoint. Which would you advise?
  8. S

Now that the RPi 4 2GB is available again, I ended up ordering two of those (plus aluminium heatsink case and 3A adapter) + 2 SMSL SU-1 DACs (116dB SINAD for less than $80). It's an even cheaper (and on paper, better) streamer + DAC solution (albeit not integrated) than the Boss2 (ca. €150 all...
  9. S

Audyssey XT32 - problems with neutered sub

Me for one. :) Thanks for this, I have an X4700H with very similar results, my subwoofer is missing a lot of oomph after first doing a room EQ without the app, where the AVR told me to turn down my SW master level -5.0dB because it was way too high? Now I did another measurement, this time WITH...
  10. S

Interesting point, I found its WiFi to be subpar as well, but figured that a dongle would fix this (it is backorder together with the Boss2). Perhaps a separate solution is indeed a better idea...
  11. S

Sourcing this thing since the chip crisis hit seems pretty hard, if not impossible. I already had one, but wanted two more to create Roon endpoints with I can hook up directly to active speakers or amp + passive speakers. Unfortunately I have now waited for 5 months and the end is not in sight...
  12. S

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

Watch out, this is with the 32V power supply.
  13. S

Fosi Audio BT20A Pro Amplifier Review

@amirm You say 69 watts but X=98.84? Is this a mistake? I just bought this little amp with some 8 ohm outdoor speakers (B&W AM-1), so 99 or 69 makes a big difference. :)
  14. S

Home audio setup indecision

And, finally, the rear speakers. I rounded up my 5.1 setup with a Black Friday offer for the Polk ES10 at €151,99/pair, which I will mount to the walls. The KEF Q150 really is too big for my taste and the KEF R8a a bit pricy for surround speakers. AVR: Denon AVC-X4700H Front L/R & Center: KEF...
  15. S

Pretty much all reviews of the Arendal 1S/1V conclude there is nothing/hardly anything to be faulted at this price point. I also very much like the attention to detail and agree that it is quite attractive to look at. So I actually just pulled the trigger on a single 1S. If I like it, I may get...
  16. S

Arendal, never heard of them. Indeed they are not very small, 12,2" is their smallest size I think. Will check it out further, thanks for the recommendation.
  17. S

Great advice guys, thank you. I am going to follow it and get 4 metas, sell one, and look for a pair of not too big subwoofers.
  18. S

My time spent on music/film varies greatly, sometimes it is 80/20, then it's 20/80. And yes, I can accommodate a 5.1 setup without cables lying everywhere. I can come close to the angles recommended by Dolby. You make a good point about the room correction, this is a big advantage of the...
  19. S

Hi all, In two weeks I will be moving to my new home, and I have been saving up to get a brand new audio/video setup. Black Friday rears its head at a most convenient time. However, I am still undecided on what would work best for me. I am very passionate about both music and film so the new...
  20. S

AVC-X3800H vs AVC-X4700H

For our Dutch & Belgian members, the price for the AVC-X4700H Silver dropped another €100 to €1299. Effectively HALF the price of the AVC-X4800H at €2599. (It should be duly noted that the SRP of the 4800 of €2599 is completely bonkers given that the average best online price for the 4700 has...
Top Bottom