Search results

1. H

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

Are the distortion plots limiting the recomendation of the Polk R500 for the tower speakers?
  2. H

Affordable Accuracy Monitor Review

I just finished one speaker; it took too bloody long. The curved sides would constantly have drip marks. I had to cut the poly 50/50 with paint thinner and apply extremely light coats. It took about a million coats to build it up high enough. I used high gloss polyurethane, Varathane brand. Wet...
  3. H

RSL 10E SUBWOOFER 299$ 300W RMS HOW?

Where can one purchase cheap 300W plate amps that dig low. Lots of amps I see have trouble with 30-40hz range.
  4. H

RSL 10E SUBWOOFER 299$ 300W RMS HOW?

It looks like RSL is turning the subwoofer game on its head. Between the amp and the driver, I have no idea how they can sell this for $300$ out the door. They have delivered a great value product as far as their subwoofer lineup goes, and I fear they might have bit off more than they can chew...
  5. H

Hivi 3.1A DIY Speaker With Sehlin Mod Review

I am completely green. I welcome all criticism of my parts list and greatly appreciate your input. I will gladly replace anything you suggest, as I want the best listening experience.
  6. H

Hey, thanks for the reply; I am going off this post assuming it is mod 6. https://audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/hivi-3-1a-diy-speaker-with-sehlin-mod-review.15802/post-980889 If anyone could clarify, that would be great. It looks like from mod 5 > 6 L4 & C5 were changed. If...
  7. H

Mod 6 would consist of the following, correct? I cannot find R1 (6.81 OHM RESISTOR). Would a 7 Ohm work?
  8. H

Hey everyone, I just picked up the kit. I wanted to include the photo of my PCB and manual to make sure everything is good to go and has not changed since its review here. I read that Amazon, at one point, was selling them with the perfectionist mod. Is the Sehlin Mod 4 still the best way to go...
  9. H

I finished the crossover finally. Fired-up REW, measurement is 1/1 smoothing. Blue is stock, and green is with the @Dennis Murphy mod. I could use some help with veneering the curved portion of the cabinets if anyone has any tips. I would also like to add this was my first time working with...
  10. H

Looking for a reasonable second build after C-Notes

Very cool, what is the sub?
  11. H

Passive Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

I was really surprised on the Polk Reserve 500 Erin reviewed. PS 6.2 for 1200-dollar speakers. Limitations, of course, but otherwise, a budget king priced similarly to or less than many bookshelf speakers.
  12. H

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

The only thing that hurt about this review was seeing the Yamaha V6A just behind this unit.
  13. H

Where did you source the https://www.parts-express.com/8.2-Ohm-10W-Resistor-Wire-Wound-5-Tolerance-016-8.2?quantity=1 https://www.parts-express.com/Dayton-Audio-IC181-5-1.5mH-18-AWG-I-Core-Inductor-257-552 Both are unavailable via PE
  14. H

Im in the same boat, FYI not sure but it appears hivi 3.1 is no longer available on amazon. Looks to be OOS. At least that's my hopes, it could very well be pulled.
  15. H

New Lineup of Emotiva Speakers

It looks like Emotiva has refreshed its speaker lineup. I was hoping to snag a pair of their T2+ towers for the last year, but they have been entirely out of stock despite having sales every few months. It was ludicrous. They offered black Friday, cyber Monday, and Boxing Day sales on speakers...
  16. H

I also used an exacto knife, probably a little too much. Edit: I take it this board is a throwaway with all the knicks. Apologies in advance for the first time ever working with crossovers/pcb/solder guns, etc. Baptism by fire.
  17. H

Update, the glue on the PCB is a nightmare to remove. I guess due to the amount of time that has passed, the glue has cured into cement. I had to apply goo-gone and let it soak overnight skim a layer off and repeat. For those who are looking to perform the mod, here's a heads-up.
Top Bottom