Search results

1. Steven Holt

New Sony Headphones

Sony has released a new headphone, the Pulse Elite. Planar Magnetic drivers. 150USD Initial reviews seem to be favorable. So, does anyone have these? What do you think?
  2. Steven Holt

Potential Defect with Yamaha RN 600 A?

Today, the Scientific Audiophile released a video, titled, Yamaha RN600A a $900 mistake? In the video, he points out that the unit is rated at 80W at 8R and 60W at 4R. He claims that he checked this with Yamaha, and they verified it. He goes on to say that because of this, the unit may be...
  3. Steven Holt

Speaker Cable and Super Glue

This question may be better suited in the forum A Call for Humor, but I will take my chances here. I was watching a Youtube video on speaker cable and how to make your own. A commenter chimed in that he uses lamp cord and that he cuts to lenght, strips the ends, twists it tight and then dips...
  4. Steven Holt

Why are records so expensive?

Does anyone have any idea why new vinyl is so expensive? I was Christmas shopping at my local Barnes and Noble and wandered over to the record bins. I saw the prices and damned near dropped over. The least expensive was 24 dollars. One Rolling Stones album was $51.00 I mean, why? This...
  5. Steven Holt

Best passive bookshelf speaker for about $500

Comment and Debate are invited.
  6. Steven Holt

Did KEF sell?

I was reading a review of the KEF R3, and the reviewer stated that KEF is now owned by a China based company, GoldPeak. Is this true? My understanding is that KEF is based in the UK.
  7. Steven Holt

Unfortunate development with Erin's Audio Corner

Yesterday, 10/9, Erin posted a YT video stating that he is stopping, or drastically cutting back, his channel EAC. He stated as his reason an unfortunate domestic situation. Seems that he has to move and put his Klippel in storage for some time. Erin was one of the few people on YT who used...
  8. Steven Holt

What gear do you regret selling/getting rid of?

So I'm sitting here thinking of my mistakes of the past (bad idea), and I was thinking about my past audio gear. So I would like to ask my fellow members, What audio gear do you regret selling or getting rid of that you truly regret? One of those, 'If I could do it over, I never would have'...
  9. Steven Holt

Loudspeaker selection before testing.

I am willing to bet that many members on this forum -- especially the senior members -- can determine if a speaker has 'good' sonic characteristics before they even listen to the speaker itself. And I'm sure that more than a few have been fooled. So here's the question : What physical...
  10. Steven Holt

Sony PS LX250H -- Good Turntable?

I have a chance to get the Sony ps lx250h turntable. Does anyone have experience with it? It is belt driven, automatic, with a built in phono preamp. You can't replace the cartridge, but you can change the stylus. I may need a new belt for it, do they still make them? Looking at it, it's...
  11. Steven Holt

Preamp to Amp connect

Hi guys (and gals). I was into this hobby many years ago, and I'm returning to it now. So many things have changed. Probably a simple question, but here it is : I want to buy the Aiyima A07 amp and connect it to a Schitt preamp (the lower end one). Thing is, the Aiyima has a volume control...
Top Bottom