Search results

1. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amp new revised version (SN-2012)

For some reason I can't edit my original post. I just wanted to add that I ship to the lower 48 states only. Thanks!
  2. M

Topping L30 Headphone Amp new revised version (SN-2012)

Like new and includes all original papers and packing. This is the amp that I received as a replacement for my L30 once the grounding issue was found with the original. The SN is in the 2012 range. I'm selling because I just got a A30 Pro. $110.00 ($100 plus $10 shipping).
  3. M

SMSL SU-8 V2, Pristine and complete.

I am the original owner of this DAC. I ordered it directly from Shenzhen Audio because I wanted to be sure that this is V2 of the DAC, which it is. It works perfectly and is in perfect cosmetic condition. It includes the original packaging, cables, remote, and instructions. Please see the pics...
  4. M

Centered volume knobs

I have one paired with a Spec 4. The volume knob, actually all the knobs, feel like precision instruments.
  5. M

Centered volume knobs

The last of the Pioneer "Monster" receivers. This is my SX-D5000. It is a nice looking receiver but the build quality is not nearly as good as their earlier receivers.
  6. M

JDS Labs Element II DAC and Headphone Amp Review

I'm using the exact same cable with mine except I got black. It only costs $15 so it is not a crazy expensive audiophile cable. I think it's inteded more for pro audio use. I got it mainly for aesthetics and because John said in the blog that they got more consistent measurements when they use a...
  7. M

On their blog John from JDS says that if you don't need the extra inputs that you should get the Element II over the stack as they are essentially the same otherwise. I highly recommend it.
  8. M

SOLD: JDS Labs Atom & Topping D50s stack

Agreed. I am absolutely amazed how good the Atom is. I never thought that a $99 amp could be an end game amp for my HD800S.
  9. M

I have no problem with the switches on the back either. I too love the clean aesthetic and actually prefer it. My desk is very minimal so the Element looks great. My initial frustration was that I couldn't figure out how the buttons were supposed to work. The gain switch was randomly changing...
  10. M

If you read my original post on the bottom of page two you will see that there is a problem with my particular unit, confirmed by John at JDS. There is not a problem with all of them. Mine just slipped through QC. There is already a replacement on the way (JDS Customer support rocks!). The...
  11. M

The Element II sounds great. Honestly, it is indistinguishable from the Atom/D50s combo. It is essentially the the same amp as the Atom paired with a transparent DAC in a nice looking package. I wasn't expecting it to sound any different or better. I just wanted a (very subjectively) nicer...
  12. M

I'm selling my two month old Atom/D50s stack because I just got the Element II. Everythig is in absolutely like new condition with all packaging, cables, paperwork, and accessories included. I am also including the 6" connector cables pictured. I just got these cables a couple days ago from JDS...
  13. M

John said that the problem is that the power/input button is permanently engaged so unexpected presses are being registered when the gain button is pressed. Because of this sometimes pressing the gain button changes inputs or powers the unit off instead of just toggling gain.
  14. M

It is $200 cheaper than the DX7 Pro and it has a fantastic amp. I have been searching for an affordable all in one DAC & Amp with an excellent amp and a transparent DAC. Most are just the opposite. A fantastic DAC with a good amp. The Element II is basically a transparent DAC coupled with an...
  15. M

Update: John From JDS replied to my support request just a few minutes after I sent it (on a Saturday afternoon no less). I Indeed have a defective unit and it is being replaced. He said that they had a few units that had similar issues but thought that they were all found in Q/C. If anybody...
  16. M

JDS Labs EL AMP II Headphone Review

I already ordered it based on the reputation of JDS and John's comment on the JDS blog that says that the Element II is a better option unless you need the extra inputs of the El DAC. It's pretty impressive that the manufacturer is steering people toward the cheaper option. I hope I did the...
  17. M

The cables look huge in the pic because of perspective. They are thick but they also keep the shape that you bend them in to. My components sit in alignment without any trouble at all. That being said I would rather have an all in one Amp & DAC and not need the cables at all so I just ordered...
  18. M

I just received these cables yesterday for my Atom/D50s stack. They work and look pretty nice though I would prefer right angle RCAs.
Top Bottom