Search results

1. A

SOLD!!!:- Pair KEF R3 Bookshelf Speakers in Black - $999

New in Retail Box - Pair KEF R3 Bookshelf Speakers in Black Purchased from Stereo Land in Minnesota last year for my basement home theater project and ended up going with in-walls. Removed from box to inspect and test. Placed back in box where they've sat since. Lowest price locally and on the...
  2. A

SOLD!!!: - KEF Ci200QR Architectural Ceiling Speakers - $499 per pair shipped

Sealed in Factory Boxes - KEF Ci200QR Architectural Ceiling Speakers - $599 $499 per pair shipped & insured I have two pairs available for sale. They are sealed in the retail boxes. I opened one box to check since the box corner was slightly dented (upper left in picture). It was never removed...
  3. A

Mesh WiFi recommendations?

Eero absolutely just works and the new 6e APs with a Gigabit backbone are fantastic. I'm a network engineer by trade and I use these things instead of a more complicated option.
  4. A

cobbling first setup together- powering KEF R3 for low-medium volume listening?

Congrats on the PB-1000 Pro! The Bluetooth management is great. Both Zolall and Radix are spot on. To calibrate your system successfully (it makes a HUGE difference) you will need: UMIK-1 mic Rew DAC or hardware with a high pass and low pass filter Some form of eq that can be applied to the...
  5. A

Wow, it looks like SVS just started a really good sale on the older, discontinued subwoofers! They are factory new for the following prices and an extra 5% off if you buy two: SB-1000 (Black Ash) $349.99 PB-1000 (Black Ash) $429.99 SB-2000 (Black Ash) $499.99...
  6. A

It heavily depends on price point. If you're watching any TV or movies or listening to music with any low bass tracks (electronica, hip-hop, etc.) , you'll be disappointed in a sealed sub that's under $1000. They just don't have the output or range that a more efficient ported design has in that...
  7. A

Yeah, totally with you on that approach. Forgot to mention to OP that SVS runs a killer Labor Day sale. Keep an eye on their site this week, it’s one of the best times to buy their subs.
  8. A

They discontinued the SB-1000. There’s only a $200 difference between the SB-1000 Pro and PB-1000 Pro. If he can track down two OG SB-1000s from their outlet or used that would be a ok option, albeit with far less output and range. They have a smaller amp section and different driver than the...
  9. A

I’ve had better results at 80 vs 100-120 personally in a mid-sized room and the half port plug in the R3s with one sub (SB-4000). I experimented extensively with REW and DIRAC. That’s of course just my room. The PB-1000s have better output across the range in a room like his, especially if he...
  10. A

R3s don’t need a 100hz cross, you can go lower. PB-1000 pros are far superior for flat output than the SB-1000 pros. He needs a DAC/preamp with room correction and a low/high pass filter for best performance in my opinion. Agree about amps that can handle low impedance like the Hypex’s, Toppings...
  11. A

Grab an SHD or SHD studio, DIRAC is huge. The Buckeye 252 is perfect or grab 1 or 2 Topping PA-5s or Buckeyes Purifi for more clean headroom. Get one or two SVS PB1000 Pro (ported is better, don’t believe the sealed myths). Buy rugs and wall dampening stuff, IKEA curtains, etc. get cheap audio...
  12. A

LS50 Meta upgrade dilemma

For sure grab a sub. I’ve had the LS50s and they are great. I have R3s now and there’s not a huge difference. An SVS SB1000 SB2000 or SB3000 will make a massive difference. Focus on proper placement, integration, crossover and EQ.
  13. A

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

How would a stereo NCx500 compare with a Purifi stereo? I’ve seen the reviews, but am curious about the conclusions. Thank you.
Top Bottom