Search results

1. E

Air conditioner question

You probably want one with an inverter compressor. I have this one in my listening room.: https://www.midea.com/us/air-conditioners/window-air-conditioners/10000-btu-u-shaped-air-conditioner-maw10v1qwt
  2. E

Looking for a over ear headphone with excellent isolation

Yes- the tenor sax is loud and powerful. I've already asked my neighbor to avoid the lower registers when practicing as it literally makes my floors vibrate.
  3. E

Thanks for the additional help-- and your fast response! The graph tool was exactly what I needed. Indeed, it looks like Sony WH-1000XM3 should be the best headphones for my use case. I did a search online and it looks like open box ones go for about $250. I'll do a bit more searching...
  4. E

From the chart it looks like the earlier verion of the headphones, the XM3, had better noise isolation. Should I seek those out? Do you have another recommendation? Thanks again for your help, Regards, Eric
  5. E

Thanks so much for the info. Super helpful. It's especially useful to know that the tenor sax plays roughly from and to 120-700Hz: and then reference that information to the graphs at https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/table/110843. I ordered a Sony WH-1000XM5 and will report back. Eric
  6. E

I'm looking for a pair of decent over-ear headphones that have excellent sound isolation. I have a pair of Dan Clark Aeons and although they are great headphones they don't seem to isolate all that well. On the other hand, if I put on my 3m noise reducing earmuffs (31db) I have absolute...
  7. E

Free for pickup in Brooklyn: Fosgate FA52.0 speakers

This looks to be true--except that the Fosgates have two woofers. Thanks for the info! In any case, the speakers are still available. For free!
  8. E

Free for pickup in Brooklyn: Fosgate FA52.0 speakers

These have been sitting in my apartment for a while--they to my ears sound similar to Polk ES20s. I have about six, and I don't want to just put them out on the street, and they are too heavy and bulky to bother selling on ebay. Some info here...
  9. E

Daisy chaining multiple devices with preamp functions-how much distortion?

Hello all-- I'm reconfiguring my system and am considering going this route: Dac to Schiit Lokius to Schiit Saga S to JDS Labs EL Amp II+ to Denon 3700. I know this setup sounds convoluted but I have my reasons. I'm wondering if having a few volume pots in the chain might add audible...
  10. E

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

It just worked for me, a Brooklynite. A new 3700 for $914 including tax!
  11. E

Audyssey with stereo speakers

Kal-- Thanks for lending me your expertise. I very much appreciate it. Eric
  12. E

Kal-- Thanks for your response. Having never used DSP Room Correction and having a very limited understanding of its implimentation, I have a follow-up question: Do I just run the Room Correction once with all 5 speakers or do I run it twice, once with the all the speakers active and then...
  13. E

My lurking on this site has convinced me that I really should try DSP Room Correction. As I'm now putting together a home theater system that will also be used for critical listening I'm hoping that I'll be able to use Audyssey for my 2 main speakers only, in addition to my whole setup. I'm...
  14. E

Question regarding choosing an AVR with BMR Monitors as center and sides

Thanks for your thoughts. Yes, I'll be listening in stereo only in "Pure Direct" mode. The next questions would be: --How much is Audyssey XT32 worth in my use case. I've read that it's much better than the other versions. --If I went with the Denon AVR-X3700H whould I be able to just sell...
  15. E

Using Audyssey with an Apple computer?

Thanks for clarifying things for me. I somehow (mis)understood that one needed the app to use Audyssey. Regards, Eric
  16. E

Using Audyssey with an Apple computer?

Hello all- I'm putting together my first AV system and from what I've read to set up Audyssey I need to be running it in Windows. As all my computers are Apple it seems this would mean running Windows emulation on my Apple, which I've never done as I've never had a reason to. This should work...
  17. E

Question regarding choosing an AVR with BMR Monitors as center and sides

I’m in the process of setting up my first home theater system in my about 11’x15’ listening space. I plan to integrate the audio equipment I use and with be using the system for both critical listening and watching films. My music system presently consists of a Mac Mini --> Topping D10 -->...
  18. E

Welcome New Members to ASR, introduce yourself here.

Hello from Brooklyn: I’ve been lurking for couple of years, and finally decided to officially join. Been listening closely to music for about 40 years. The genres I most listen to are jazz, “world” music, 60s/70s Soul, etc., and will happily listen to most anything that strikes me as...
Top Bottom