Search results

1. M

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Both noise floor, distortion, and anything else about both of these amps are so good to be completely transparent, and at least according to popular ASR thought audio is a "solved problem" at this tier of performance. It's purely up to your personal choice of size, aethetics, price, how you feel...
  2. M

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Let me guess, LM3886 with a small signal opamp for error correction in its feedback loop a-la what @tomchr made with modulus-286 Here is the thread on DiyAudio Or same thing but with Howland current pump topology a-la My_ref, late Mr.Penasa already published in early 2000s Diyers had this level...
  3. M

Bizzare REW issue?

Issue resolved, REW does not support 24 bit mode on windows Java drivers, use a wrapper like FlexASIO.
  4. M

Bizzare REW issue?

Hello, recently acquired MOTU M2, here is the noise floor measurement along with the settings, using ASIO drivers: Looks nice. Lets switch to Java drivers Device is the same, computer is the same, everything identical except drivers and it does this. Tried messing around with buffer size and...
  5. M

ELAC Uni-Fi 2.0 (UB52) measurements (Amir was right)

With very minimal, low-Q EQ its possible to have this sort of response, *in room*. 5db/div Flat to 36.6Hz, -3db point at 35.5Hz, from small speakers with single 5.25inch driver.
  6. M

They're freely sold in the EU, yeah. But despite having the larger 6.5in driver, they were tuned differently, the poor extension means a mandatory sub. Im not sure if they just reused the driver from the DBR62, which is a 2 way, meaning a higher crossover point, meaning it was not designed as a...
  7. M

Hello, Some of you might remember the controversial UB52 review where @amirm found a nasty resonance, and ended the review there, for which he received some flak.. Some argued it is just the bad unit he received, and that we should not base ourselves on it, asking for Amir to test another one...
  8. M

Trying to do better - comparing Amir's measurements for speaker selection

Hmmm yes...wishful thinking on my part probably! Very cool, glad for you :cool: Hmm i do not plan to spend my life here (but pension, probably), so if im moving maybe just see around the block a bit, netherlands, belgium, germany, denmark... and see how you guys have it up there :)...
  9. M

Hello BatsEar and thank you for your comment! Aha, but a positive direction for me, as i always feel bass deprived, i take the klippel "anacheoic" as the worst case scenario. You are completely right, but in this case i mentioned in a spoiler due to constant moving of apartment and small space...
  10. M

Hello everyone, my first post here! Just as a short preface to how i got here, but you can skip it if you're short on time So i want to do it right this time and not just go by raves, and think a bit more about it. I already feel bad about having to return this pair so i'd like to avoid...
Top Bottom