Search results

1. P

Speakers from last century that you love

Not sure how old the Lowther drivers are as I'm the second owner. The company in England has been in business since 1934. These are DIY using Martin King's mass loaded transmission line design. The wooden cigar boxes on top contain the baffle step correction circuit.
  2. P

Music Streaming - Amazon Firestick Vs HEOS - Quality Differences?

I have a Denon with HEOS but never bothered to try it. I'm not a fan of AVR's for music.
  3. P

Aerial Acoustic Model 5's. A lousy listening room but my wife lets me take pictures out there. The dogs enjoy the cool tile floor.
  4. P

Advents - don't recall the model
  5. P

These old Meridians were once owned by Emmitt Smith.
  6. P

I spend more time listening to the Fire Stick/HDMI audio extractor/DAC combo than I do with the Node and separate DAC streaming Ultra HD. I don't notice any advantage with the latter paired with my Lowther/Bottlehead set up.
  7. P

Resto-mod TrueValue console radio from the 1940's. It will play any station upon request. Just ask Alexa.
  8. P

With the 4K Fire Stick and HDMI audio extractor you use the remote not your phone. In this picture you can see 192 on the DAC which agrees with the monitor display.
  9. P

The full range drivers in these open baffles are Realistics. I sure miss Radio Shack.
  10. P

It's been awhile but I believe these are 1970's JBL Lancers on the right. They are two ways with a passive radiator.
  11. P

A pair of Great Heils and Fostex full range drivers with OB bass support from Sansui 16'' woofers.
  12. P

Speakers for low wattage amp tube

My Lii Audio F-15's ( 98 db ) in open baffles with bass support
  13. P

Speakers for low wattage amp tube

A couple of wide band single driver speakers I built from plans that sound really nice with flea watt amps.
  14. P

Allo Volt+ D Amplifier Review

I enjoy both class D and SET amps. Single ended tube amps don't test so well so there's not much discussion here but I love them. I have a 2a3 and EL-84 and waiting on a Decware to be built that I purchased almost 2 years ago.
  15. P

When using a linear regulated PSU with the +D I use this adaptor.
  16. P

I would think they want to sell what they produce and have less interest in things they don't. Hence the no response to my questions about the Volt TPA3255. I find it somewhat unusual that my +D was made in India rather than China.
  17. P

The funky transparent enclosure and lower power over time may have made it less popular. Still enjoy the +D with the 98db Lowthers or the 98db Lii Audio F-15's. The +D uses quality components ( all film caps and high level pot ) than what you often find in many of the cheaper TPA based amps...
  18. P

On the left is another implementation of the Coral Holey Basket alnico this time in the Frugal Horn Mk3.
  19. P

These Coral Holey Basket alnico's started life in TOTL Sony reel to reel recorders. Now they have almost a cult like following but you can still snag a pair for around a hundred. Hard to believe these small drivers can produce such a huge sound. In open baffles with bass driver support they are...
Top Bottom