Search results

1. K

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

Try replacing the stock metal jumper bars on the 12.X Diamonds with good quality wire jumpers. They will “slam” your pants off. No need to bleed money - buy Chinese jumpers with good connecters, wire and insulation. Try these speakers with Tipper, Jlin, Rufus Del Sol, Skrillex etc. 50W in a...
  2. K

So what is not “fine” in terms of SINAD in your opinion?
  3. K

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

And yet, the user experience factored into the overall impression left with reader. The streamer function in the Node (Gen 3) is quite good, the measurements would indicate it is audibly transparent. The internal DAC is another story. I find that the app and using the device as a file server...
  4. K

My apologies. I quoted the wrong statement from you. You said previously: “Sure, >90 is fine”. My response was: “So the Audioquest Dragonfly Red which has a SINAD measurement of 89db might not be “fine”, but a Chord Mojo 2 with a SINAD measurement of 110db might be “fine”?” kn
  5. K

That’s a nice DAC that measures well. I imagine you are really enjoying it.
  6. K

So the Audioquest Dragonfly Red which has a SINAD measurement of 89db might not be “fine”, but a Chord Mojo 2 with a SINAD measurement of 110db might be “fine”?
  7. K

Just for the record here, what do you consider a “decently measuring DAC”? SINAD of >90 db? >100db? >110db? >120db? Is that the only measurement that matters or should a prospective buyer be looking at jitter and linearity? Something else? kn
  8. K

Please be sure to turn your analysis equipment on before sitting down to listen so you will know whether or not it sounds good. If a person cannot tell an audible difference between an Audioquest Dragonfly Red and a Chord Mojo 2 DAC played through a decent amplifier and a pair of Wharfdale...
  9. K

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

Running the test I suggest with any gear, models and analyses sensitive enough to prove your point. Thanks. kn
  10. K

Serious Question: How can DAC's have a SOUND SIGNATURE if they measure as transparent? Are that many confused?

No, the original post prompting my posts on this thread (which has been merged into a much longer running thread) asked this question: Why isn't sounds stage from a dac measurable?
  11. K

I am suggesting it be “recorded” using the equipment and algorithms used by the MIT laboratory I referenced earlier in the thread. So yes, measured, but the MIT system used would be a facsimile of human hearing that the authors claim is capable of identifying localized sounds, mimicking human...
  12. K

OK any item in the chain of gear used to replay a recording that affects the accuracy of timing or level of reproduced sound at levels within the range and capacity of human hearing will affect how we perceive that sound in our listening space.
  13. K

Thanks, I can try these. I would love it if what appears to be the current STOA in terms of non-human sound localization equipment and models could be applied to this question. kn
  14. K

We can agree to disagree. But it is ultimately just semantics. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Null_hypothesis?wprov=sfti1 If you prefer to the construct I am proposing, the Null Hypothesis could be structured such that the MIT system can identify differences in sound localization due to...
  15. K

This is what I said was “complicated”. “empirical proof that the hypothesis that DACs (or any combination of electronics in general comprising a “system”) cannot contribute to how humans perceive soundstage and localization, given speaker type, measuring equipment and room configuration are...
  16. K

Awesome. I think I understand. For reference, where along the continuum of all the DACs measured by Amirm would you start labeling “severely broken”? Any? Half? Curious.
  17. K

This is the whole point of stereo versus mono reproduction. Right? Music reproduction is a system, including the equipment, the room and the listener. Our perception of performance of that whole “system” is what matters in the end. Perhaps the top twenty DACs as measured by Amirm will sound...
  18. K

I have not provided you with empirical proof that I am right listening to my gear in my room. And you have not provided empirical proof that the hypothesis that DACs (or any combination of electronics in general comprising a “system”) cannot contribute to how humans perceive soundstage and...
Top Bottom