Search results

1. C

Again: Best sounding (hifi) speakers for my tiny desk

Are you going to keep Kali? Here is my "in debate" list (attached photo). For nearfield listening on desktop pc, I've got Edifier R1280T, and, with EQ indeed they deliver that score. Now I have to decide for midfield listening as bookshelf speakers (EQ and a subwoofer later), to go around 35...
  2. C

Mackie MR524 | Studio Monitor | Measurements & Subjective Impressions

I've had the same dilemma for desktop/pc speakers as nearfield listening, after trashed ex 2.1 audio system. Those Mackie MR524 are nice with their 6.8 score (with EQ), but I can't tell how this score will be translated into real experience against another option with lower score with EQ, like...
  3. C

Looking for desktop speakers with warm, non fatiguing sound

I have the same dilemma - choosing a pair of speakers just for audiophile pleasure in living room (mid field listening): - Denton 85s ?... I've heard they are sensible for distortions if the listening angle is not "perfect" aligned. But their lows are great, so there is no need of additional...
  4. C

Active Speaker Recommendations for USA (by @sweetchaos)

"Active/passive Speaker Recommendation" vs "Speaker Review and Measurement Index". Questions: 1. The score is for studio work or audiophile listening? ...there are tons of info about how different are the preferences when is about music producing versus audiophile listening. Is there a trend...
  5. C

Trying to decide on new near field monitors for casual(ish) listening

Room noise is low (20-30 db) usually. Indeed, I am sensitive to any noise or distorted music, but I've decided to give it a chance to music listening with proper speakers, after a break of many decades (I am close to 50 ;-) ) Music: meditation/relaxation, guitar (Estas Tonne), piano/orchestra...
  6. C

Trying to decide on new near field monitors for casual(ish) listening

"Active/passive Speaker Recommendation" vs "Speaker Review and Measurement Index". Questions: 1. That score is for studio work or audiophile listening? ...there are tons of info about how different are the preferences when is about music producing versus audiophile listening. Is there a trend...
Top Bottom