Search results

1. L

How to incorporate MiniDSP 2x4hd?

So I took a chance and stumbled on a builder overseas and asked him to build me a simple dual 6sn7 and 6x5 simple preamp. 110% worth it, gives my system that little bit of liveliness it was missing.
  2. L

Thanks for the input I'm leaning that way as well Digital source --> Flex--> Tube Preamp --> Amps
  3. L

The DAC I use is a SMSL Sanskrit 10th MK II and I think it sounds pretty good compared to several others I tried (SMSL D6 and Topping e30). My concern with ditching the DAC is the quality of the DAC in the MiniDSP is supposedly subpar...and everything sounds great right now, just needs some...
  4. L

I'd like to use a minidsp for mainly setting crossovers and timing and possibly light some room correction on the mains (on the list is treat room first). Here is my signal chain Wiim toslink to -->DAC rca to --> Tube PreAmp rca to ---L/R Channel amp and separate subwoofer amp I'm trying to...
  5. L

Thoughts on SMSL D-6 DAC?

This is what I experienced as well, wiim via toslink. I found keeping the DAC volume low while the source volume full helped but if the DAC was full volume and source was low the click/pop was unbearable.
  6. L

I must have a defective unit, because with toslink when the hi res songs change resolution there is a very loud pop. This is with Wiim and Amazon Hd. With USB it doesn’t happen.
  7. L

I did, but find when volume on DAC is full the pop is very pronounced, but having source volume full and using DAC to control volume this helps.
  8. L

Seems to be when the Wiim switches resolution between songs, there is a noticeable pause then loud pop once it’s applied. After some testing this morning, something that helped was to set the Wiim to full volume output and just control volume via DAC. Problem didn't go away but made a big...
  9. L

I tried another Toslink cable with same results, didn't have this issue with a SMSL Sanskrit 10th MKII.
  10. L

I just received a smsl d6 and am streaming Amazon hd from a Wiim via toslink. The pop between songs is so loud that this unit is unusable. I will be returning and looking for other options. Really disappointed because it seemed like would be quite the dac for the money.
  11. L

Considering dual Monoblocks for Polk R200, under $600

I have been very happy with my Hypex NC252MP based amp. Plenty of power for my listening distance (10’) and really brings out the bottom end of these speakers…but I still have a subwoofer haha. Also the amp is crystal clear, no noise at all.
  12. L

Ended up Opting for a Hypex NC252MP amp. After a bit more research, should fit my needs.
  13. L

I'm thinking of purchasing two monoblocks for a pair of Polk R200. Initially wanted to use a single Hypex NC252MP in stereo from Buckeye amps but I think I need a bit more power for my situation (large open living room, dining room and kitchen area with high ceilings). Looking to keep under a...
  14. L

TPA3255 Amp for 2.1 similar power to Aiyima a07

I have an Aiyima A07 which I really like and would like to add a subwoofer into the mix. Is there a 2.1 unit with the TPA3255 in it that could provide the same power and signal to a pair of passive speakers and active subwoofer. If not, what's the best way to incorporate a subwoofer? My audio...
Top Bottom