Search results

1. G

ZMF Caldera Headphone Review

Haha, fun read. But it seems to me to be a long winded article that basically says "trust what I tell you more than any measurements" which is what audiophile reviewers, particularly high end reviewers, have been selling for many years. These people make a living selling snake oil, they are so...
  2. G

Absolutely! There was just a lot of conversation in this thread about standards for headphones and the subject of "there are no standards from the recording/studio side of things" came up quite a bit. All studios use monitors as the primary mixing method. But most of them also check things on...
  3. G

KZ ZSX IEM Review

Ah, thanks for the great reply! Now I know they call it the "nozzle!" This is really good discussion and should be part of the reviews on IEMs. I have not tried the spinfit tip, actually never heard of them. So I'll try some of those. And I have never used the Etymotic IEMs either, but have...
  4. G

KZ ZSX IEM Review

Wow, you must have large ears canals! Those Truthear Zero Red's use a comply size 600 tip, so the barrel on those is huge. No way I could get that to seal enough to get me through a show. And I've never had a silicon tip I can keep in place, first thing I do is throw those things in the trash...
  5. G

KZ ZSX IEM Review

One thing I would like to see in IEM reviews. And maybe this is just because I'm a musician who wears IEMs on a regular basis for playing live. One big key to playing live is getting a good seal and it has to stay there. Any slippage or falling out is totally unacceptable. For this reason I...
  6. G

I am very late to this thread, and it's a good thing as I don't really have a stake or opinion in any of this. However, I did want to give a bit of insight on one thing that came up quite a bit in this thread. The subject of standards in the recording/mastering side of producing music. I am...
  7. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Indeed it is. Afrikaans for "A Farmer Makes a Plan" and is sort of a saying in S Africa. Our song writer has always read a lot about Africa and has references in other songs. He and his son took a photo safari to Africa a few years ago and he wrote that song while he was there. Thanks for...
  8. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Did you find "King Of Me" or "Night City" or "Price You Pay?" Let me know what you think.
  9. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Or post here and ask people to search for your band! :) However, have you ever called a radio DJ and ask them to play a song they've never heard of??? Much less stalking one! I can assure from experience going all the way back to the 70s.. They'll never play it!!! Now, if the station has a...
  10. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Hopefully one of them is us!! The one with the spelling like this.
  11. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

While this is certainly true. It's also true that today most people don't actually search very hard for music and instead listen to what the record execs or spotify playlist makers (can you say kickbacks) put together. I play for a band, we have 5 albums on spotify. We have two recent singles...
  12. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Unfortunately it's RAP and HIPHOP!
  13. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

Truer words were never spoken! Thousands of outstanding artists go ignored and have for years. I've played with many of them and continue to.
  14. G

What streaming service do you use?

Spotify. One thing some people don't realize is that you have access to higher quality if you subscribe and even then you have to go to your app and set your "streaming quality" to "very high." Which is equivalent to about a 320kbps mp3. I can't tell the difference between 320 and a CD. I can...
  15. G

Spotify to layoff 17%

As an original artist since the early 80s, I can say that it's harder than ever to make a living with music. We got paid about the same for a "bar gig" in the 80s as we do now. And back then, the club would be full and people who listened and would buy your albums or CDs from you. These days...
  16. G

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

Interesting, isn't that an older version? I don't see it on their web site. I would expect the Aeon 2 open to be an upgrade. Maybe I should just save for the Expanse and skip the Aeon.
  17. G

Indeed, but a boost there means your EQ would all be "cut EQ" which means you won't have any problems doing it and you won't create any THD.
  18. G

Yes, sorry, just fixed it in my post. Thanks for catching that.
  19. G

SOLD: RME Babyface Pro (non FS version)

Good luck with the sale. These things are fantastic! I have two of these and an FS version otherwise I would buy it, I don't need another one. haha. But in terms of interfaces, it doesn't get much better than this.
  20. G

As a person who spends hours every day on headphones, mixing/recording/enjoying music, I seriously want a pair of these. And I prefer open headphones so the next best option would be the Aeon 2 open, which isn't a bad choice either. Maybe I'll get the Aeon 2 open and then start saving for the...
Top Bottom