Search results

1. F

Topping DX3 Pro+ Review (DAC & Headphone Amp)

I have no experience with the C200, unfortunately.
  2. F

I have two units, both used daily for two years now. I like them both. Only issue is connecting to bluetooth as I described in previous post. I compared the sound with other LDAC bluetooth receivers (using their internal dacs and connected to the Topping), and the Topping sounded the best...
  3. F

Apple Music casting via “Android Casting” vs Chromecasting from within Apple Music app

I’ve been playing with Apple Music in my Android based Fiio M11 ESS Plus. When I Chromecast to a Wiim Pro from within the Apple Music app, the “lossles” label for the song being played disappears, and my external DAC shows 46hz. However, when I cast Apple Music using “Android Audio Cast” from...
  4. F

I have the latest firmware on my two units. Both have the same issue. The source device connects to other bluetooth devices just fine, so the issue appears to be a systemic problem with the Topping. Too bad, as it is otherwise an excellent product.
  5. F

I often use the bluetooth input (LDAC) to play Apple Music when I’m too lazy to use wired IPad-> Topping. Apple Music + LDAC sounds great. But holy cow—getting connected to the Topping’s bluetooth is iffy many times. i often get connected, but no sound comes out. So I have to disconnect...
  6. F

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

My WiiM app on the iPhone freezes quite often. Just freezes, and unresponsive to my inputs. So I close and re-open the app to fix. iPhone 13 pro and WiiM always running latest firmware. Been going on a few months now. Anyone else or just me?
  7. F

I find that the best way to enjoy Lossless Apple Music wirelessly is through LDAC bluetooth. Still lossy, but sounds great. I just bypass the WiiM, and stream directly to my Topping Dx3 pro +’s LDAC bluetooth. When I’m too lazy with the wired iPad>Topping setup.
  8. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thank you! I am happy so far with mConnect, having used it for just a few hours. I will try JPlay if mConnect causes problems. The subscription for JPlay makes me hesitant…
  9. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks for the recommendation! Currently trying mConnect Lite and so far it works great! Not sure I need the full version. Will see. Only thing lacking is Replaygain, but I can live with that. Thanks again!
  10. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

I tried basic Windows DLNA, and Foobar 2000 on my laptop. I also used Bubbleupnp on my Fiio M11 plus ESS (android based portable Music player) Using the Fiio M11 with Bubble UPNP as the server AND controller to play music to the Wiim Mini works well. But I wanted something that will work with...
  11. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

Does anyone know if the Wiim Pro is a better DLNA/UPnP renderer than the Wiim Mini? I have over 3,000 HiRes tracks in my laptop. When I play all tracks in shuffle mode, the Wiim Mini only selects a fraction of my tracks to play, leaving the rest out of the queue. I am hoping the Wiim Pro with...
  12. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

Thanks. Your response made me explore the Wiim website, and found the below under the Wiim Mini Roadmap as of Feb 2023. Looks like they do plan to have multi-room Hi-Res playback for the mini. Hope they can do it!!
  13. F

WiiM Mini Streamer

I have multiple Wiim Mini devices and noticed that when streaming HiRes files from UPnP server to more than one synced Wiims, the Wiim defaults to 16/48kHz (as shown on my external DACs). Curious if the Pro does the same? Also, does the Wiim Mini at least retain the original kbps?
  14. F

I have three DX3 pro + units. All are connected to external amps via RCA cables, and the amp drives bookshelf speakers in one system, floor speakers in another system, and powered bookshelf speakers in a third system. Never use mine for headphones.
  15. F

Those have got to be faulty units. I have two units of the DX3 pro + and both sound great.
  16. F

My Sonos speaker bar, controlled by the Sonos app on my iPhone, can stream Apple Music independently. I hardly use it, though, as I use the Sonos bar only for TV viewing. Additionally, Wiim indicated as of March 2022 that they are actively discussing with Apple the possibility of integrating...
  17. F

Any news about Apple Music being integrated into the Wiim Home app, and music streamed directly by the Wiim puck? So we don’t have to use Airplay.
  18. F

I think the “2” refers to Airplay 2. And that sale price of $79 happens often—I got 2 of my Wiims for that price a few months ago.
  19. F

Definitive Technology SM350

Does anyone have any experience with the Definitive Technology SM350 bookshelf speakers? Would like to hear your thoughts, please.
  20. F

Apple Music sounds better with Sound Check off

Like I said in my post, I did use a sound meter to make sure the volume is the same regardless if Soundcheck is on or off. As for clipping—I listen at around 55-65dbA, not loud enough to clip. And finally, I thought audiophiles prefer to hear music “as the artist intended”, loud, clipping...
Top Bottom