Search results

1. J

Good amplifier topology for difficult speakers?

Hi I own 1 pair of 3 way coffin-like floorstanding speakers (2.0 system), for home use at reasonable spl level, each coffin having 1 pair of 7 inch woofers, and an impedance curve with a peak around 21 ohm, and a dip around 2.5 ohm. Sensitivity around 90dB I tried different power amplifier over...
  2. J

Topping D50 4 way joystick/switch hanging down, fixing needed

Hi ! I purchased my D50 2 years ago, directly from Shenzhen Audio Store It's sill working fine, but that little 4 way switch is now hanging down (still working though) and I guess it needs fixing before breaking down completely. Did anybody already have an experience doing this. I opened the...
  3. J

Midrange dome drivers banned ?

Hi! How come that you can't find 3 way speakers with dome drivers anymore these days? I own a good pair of vintage (coffin type) speakers - with 8" bass drivers, in a 35m2 living room. I find them excellent. I don't own very sophisticated measurements tools, but for what I've measured they're...
  4. J

Digital or Analog Lip-Sync device

Hi I recently updated my TV system (for a bigger led screen), linked to my stereo hifi system. For a better sound, I've always been linking my Internet box directly (via its Optical output) to a dac (Topping D50) and my stereo amplifier. It's always been working fine before, but I now discover...
  5. J

Best speakers for TV (stereo system) ?

Hi!! I just did an upgrade of my TV with a 43" flat led screen. I've been using the optical output of my box for a long time now to feed an amplifier and a big pair of old floorstanding speakers, but I think it's a bit over the top, as we're usually sitting about 7 feet away of the screen. I...
  6. J

3 way floor standing speakers with 8 inch driver

Hi! How come there are very few home floorstanding speakers with 8" bass driver on the market? People don't like having these big coffins in their room? I am lucky to own a vintage pair of that type in very good shape (Audax kit from the 1980'). I got them from a guy in the neighborhood, he was...
Top Bottom