Search results

1. D

How to do high level input right with a sub.

I think, like already stated, it depends on your setup. I had no option than to integrate my sub with an SMSL-DA-8 on high level, so I took that route. It sounded great, once dialed in the cut-off frequency on the sub and played around with the phase-shift of it. The successor of the DA8, which...
  2. D

SMSL DA9 - Wait and see, or solid buy?

@jokan: You would fail utterly in double-blinded tests for DACs. I got hold of a DX3Pro DAC plus its hp-amp, when it was hyped two years ago. Running it 6-inch RCA to the DA-9 it won't get better with any DAC out there, that any human being could testify. And it was like what 200$? Those...
  3. D

Sorry to hear, I hope, everything is properly grounded at your home from the AC side. I was once living in a place, where bootleg grounding was in place, and those things were happening randomly with devices: click Just a thought, that came to mind...
  4. D

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Hm, if device is connected to USB it will always have the same power, I am curious if it will be on powersave with USB-off.
  5. D

Is that while driving headphones/RCA or just being idle? The DX3Pro measures 7 degrees Celsius over ambient while actively running RCA-out, that is basically not even warm to the touch... Standby power of the EX5 per manual is approx 2.5 Watts which is sub-par for EU-standards of max 1 Watt.
  6. D

There would be really no reason for exchanging a working good DX3Pro for an EX5.... Sonically the DX3Pro is still more than enough, I think the normal guy won't hear a difference on the DAC side, maybe that small power upgrade for headphones could be an argument. But than still, plain SINAD...
  7. D

Mine works fine, like hundreds devices of other silent readers' - it's impossible to get a realistic rate of failure out of internet forums. Until somebody verifies a serial failure or design mistake, that is existing on every device maybe. If Armir measures it poorly of course - this thread...
  8. D

Simply connect a RCA-cable to either L or R input. Or use a RCA-y-splitter adapter for both if volume is too silent.
  9. D

That's what this output is for, yes. But I honestly am shocked, that they suggest using TONE for crossover adjustment...
  10. D

SMSL SA300 / Infineon Class D

Me too - though I was a bit surprised to see to have it so much air inside its case, after hearing it:
  11. D

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

omg, I ,for my part, did just swap out the PS to be on the safe side instead of a rogue PS wrecking my device. It felt a bit cheap and light, and people were complaining, about dead units. I never bought that for any audiophile-measures. Happy listening - awesome device!
  12. D

Try it out! I have only tested the medical one, and there was no problem..
  13. D

look for GEM18I15-P1J and you might find a cheap reseller in your country.. and remember to always swap the power supply when buying cheap hardware from china.... Thanks, Jimmy, Meanwell has never put me down, the oldest device is 12V 5A that has been running my hole network infrastructure now...
  14. D

your proposal is a higher amp-rated one, the 1.2A is enough. and these are accepting: 80 VAC to 264 VAC, - so no problem here...
  15. D

Order the medical 15V/1.2A one from meanwell for 12 bucks. It will last forever maybe. I've replaced it only for safety, and please tell if the unit has come on back again!
  16. D

Maybe it's the inferiour power supply that destroys the circuit by bad voltage spikes, who knows. I swapped mine out for a good meanwell one. If it goes dead now, it's not the inferiour power supply, LOL! Maybe Topping will make an official statement for this... and offer a good solution.
  17. D

Can you really hear the lossy codec? - a public blind test (RESULT)

Hearing your testfiles was interesting, but I found no evidence to prove the difference.. But like someone said, it's easy to compress electronical stuff for the algorithm. Would be way more interesting with vocal stuff! I believe that during my tests I could every time tell the difference from...
  18. D

Would a better power supply really lead to a better performance? Is it so crappy? I am satisfied however, but just wondering... I can get a 20w/15v medical power supply from Meanwell for only 15 bucks...
Top Bottom