Search results

1. N

When Bose really blows (Mazda 6 fix)!

Never mind - i managed to fix the speakers by supergluing the surround of the part at the back to the metal.
  2. N

Wharfedale Diamond 12 Owner's Thread

I have a pair of wharfedale 225s and I happily use apple music EQ-presets.
  3. N

When Bose really blows (Mazda 6 fix)!

Any advice for somebody with a 2014 mazda 6 looking to fix their bose sound system from the rattle?
  4. N

Inside Yamaha amps

yeah I'd paid AUD $500ish for a brand new A-S501 when it was on sale, and I feel it sounds a lot more expensive than what it is running my wharfedale Diamond 225s
  5. N

Inside Yamaha amps

I've heard that for the price, the A-S301/501/701 offers great value for money and that it's a real surprise that Yamaha were able to build it and put them on the store shelves. Can anybody confirm?
  6. N

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

$1200 AUD.... I'll take my A-S501 + WiiM Mini which cost $650 total. Integration is perfect since the A-S501's USB power only turns on in Coaxial/Optical mode which means that the WiiM mini only powers on when the amp is in optical mode...\ Not hating though, i love yamaha equipment.... have...
  7. N

Yamaha R-N2000A network receiver

yeah that's big man real big - bit pricey though.
  8. N

Which integrated amplifier headphone jack style is the best? Resistor vs seperate circuit?

Is this superior or inferior to having a seperate circuit that amplifies the preamp signal? Pretty sure my Cambridge audio azur has a seperate circuit
  9. N

Which integrated amplifier headphone jack style is the best? Resistor vs seperate circuit?

When it comes to integrated amps and their accompanying headphone amplifiers, which style do you think is the best? Resistor from main speaker output, or when there is a seperate circuit and amplifier powering the headphone jack? The reason that I ask is that I have a yamaha A-S501 which uses...
  10. N

What's everybody's thoughts on the Wharfedale Diamond 225s?

Have a pair self being driven by a yamaha A-S501 which is being fed by a topping D10S Not a bad set of speakers IMO - great bass.
  11. N

So I ended up purchasing a Cambridge Audio Azur 550A integrated amp off of the classifieds.

Although it's no longer my 'main amp', The CA Azur 550a is still doing fine - it's still a great amplifier 12-13 years on TBH. I'm currently rocking a Yamaha A-S501 with the 550A being used in a secondary set up in the garage, rocking 4 speakers instead of 2 lmao.
  12. N

WiiM Mini Streamer

DOes anybody here have an amazon HD playlist that they'd like to share?
  13. N

Inside Yamaha amps

Hmm, not sure that I'd venture that far.... I found that the best sound comes from my macbook pro running apple music into the D10S ... I have REW, UMIK-1, and all so I'll try out room correction and EQing via soundsource.. Yeah I was using an old CA Azur 550A which sounds great - but this...
  14. N

CONFIRMED: WiiM Mini is perfect for the Yamaha A-S501.

Nothing - really it stops playing and then you have to reboot the whole system... it's defs not streamlined like an integrated AM/FM receiver.. but that's okay, becauses it jut takes an additional minute of effort to go to the app and choose the station.
  15. N

Inside Yamaha amps

Just received my A-S501 which is just a A-S301 on steroids - works well with my Topping D10S and the internal DAC and 5v power supply. Anything that I should be brought to speed on regarding the functionality and modifications that produce the best sound and performance?
  16. N

Class AB amps (Cambridge/Yamaha) vs Class D (Loxjie A30, SMSL, etc)

And boy does it go well with my Wharfedale Diamond 225s - Apple music and D10S.
  17. N

WiiM Mini Streamer

Rarewolf, you simply MUST read my findings - https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/confirmed-wiim-mini-is-perfect-for-the-yamaha-a-s501.44006/
  18. N

CONFIRMED: WiiM Mini is perfect for the Yamaha A-S501.

So I recently found a brand new Yammy A-S501 for AUD $520 on sale on the Australian Amazon website and couldn't help my self - since the RRP is closer to $1000 with the 'sale' price being 700ish.. Saw that it had a USB power supply on the back along with the coaxial and optical input DAC and...
Top Bottom