Search results

1. DesertHawk

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

I'm worried about alcohol poisoning
  2. DesertHawk

FAQ Questions on Audio/ASR

What is ABX testing? Why is it so hard to do in practice?
  3. DesertHawk

Schiit Skoll Balanced Phono Stage Review

Almost certainly. But you could also look at the cheaper Mani 2.
  4. DesertHawk

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Pretty well summarizes the thread.
  5. DesertHawk

It's probably more than just "r&d". They probably have a whole ecosystem of parts and boards and interchangeability that make it so they can deliver at the cost they can for a number of products and overhauling designs would lead to needs to redisgn that while ecosystem. That said, it looks like...
  6. DesertHawk

Oh I'm not saying it's great by any stretch. My point, if I even have a point, is that there's a hole in the market for these all in ones and while you can build a much better system piecemeal, it's hard to do so for $400.
  7. DesertHawk

And a free phono stage and Bluetooth
  8. DesertHawk

I'm with you but unless I'm missing something, the source selector is hard to fill, especially if you want a remote. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/why-are-preamps-so-expensive.33209/
  9. DesertHawk

You're right. Also there's probably folks with the entry level Yamaha that are thinking about upgrading and watch that video and are convinced to buy the next tier denon or whatever.
  10. DesertHawk

Probably true in general, but given the price point of this amp, most are probably buying it out of need (i.e. "first hifi setup"). I could be wrong but I wouldn't think too many people are swapping sub $500 amps trying to inch out improvement. If you wanted to upgrade from here, you're probably...
  11. DesertHawk

I don't disagree with the logic but would point out a couple of caveats. First, $300 more is a alot when compared to an amp that costs between 400 and 500. Second, if you want a second source or an analog source then you have to add a preamp of some kind. I wish more DACs has volume control and...
  12. DesertHawk

There are several glowing online reviews for this unit. This is my favorite
  13. DesertHawk

I would have thought this would have measured better, albeit only slightly. Still, nothing appears completely broken for the price and it comes with alot of features.
  14. DesertHawk

Thanks. I'll search "filter". It was hard to navigate all the comments on beers and cheers :D
  15. DesertHawk

Can someone explain the low frequency filter reading. Sxhiit's website says "Select LF filter: choose no LF filter, or engage the 2-pole/15 Hz passive network" Amir's testing looks, to me, like the filter kicks in at 200hz and is pretty aggressive. Amir does say "I like having high pass...
  16. DesertHawk

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Per the podcast, any of the modules they currently offer in 2 channel power amps can be used in the integrated amp. I don't know about the other questions.
Top Bottom