1. J

Electronica/dance/techno/et cetera.

Massively funky rework of disco house classic
  2. J

An epic journey through a repertoire of classics played live
  3. J

M-Audio BX3 Monitor Review

I am actually rather surprised and disappointed as the only time I have heard an M-Audio product (I think it was the slightly larger BX5 monitor), it actually sounded very decent.
  4. J

audio interfaces built into DJ gear

I use the DDJ400 a lot which I think it excellent, so I would definitely be interested to see how it compares with other brands and the more expensive Pioneer devices.
  5. J

Power Amp to use with Topping DX7 Pro

I am looking for a compact and not too expensive power amp which can be use to power Neat Iota (https://neatacoustics.com/iota/) speakers. The DAC/preamp will be the Topping DX7 Pro. What can you recommend?
  6. J

The deaf leading the blind? A piece by Henning Møller (B&K)

They are still a measuring device, by your definition, I can assign a number to the sound I am hearing. Is it a repeatable or accurate measuring device (which was my point)? No.
  7. J

The deaf leading the blind? A piece by Henning Møller (B&K)

Instruments are tools for measurement. Ears are tools for measurement. One is realiable and repeatable, one is not. Questioning objective, instrumented measurement only makes sense if the problem is so complex that you cannot make meaningful measurements of all important parameters. I do not...
  8. J

What's your headphone system end game?

I already have it, Google Chromecast or Squeezebox Touch feeding Topping DX7 Pro with Drop Sennheister HD6xx. Is there a system that measures or sounds better than that? Probably not in any way that matters and the whole thing cost me less than a thousand bucks. Speaking as a recovering...
  9. J

Topping DX7 Pro - Order Black, delivered Silver

In the end we settled on a partial refund, I would rather have the device than return it and wait months for a black replacement.
  10. J

Thanks, I have tried the support page, let's see what they suggest. If it is going to cost me a fortune in postage (I am in the UK) then I might just keep it, it's just a little frustrating when it is not what I wanted or ordered.
  11. J

I ordered a Topping DX7 Pro in black from Drop, the invoice clearly says black, but today it arrived and they have sent me the silver version. Although I am sure they sound exactly the same, it isn't the product I ordered or wanted. What can I do? I know people have had issues in the past...
  12. J

Value and depreciation of an expensive high SINAD product in a fast growth and cycle industry

My view: 1) With regard to SINAD, you can draw a "good enough" line above which there is little real world difference between products. You simply won't be playing your music loud enough to differentiate between products once you get into 3 figures. 2) No one cares about depreciation when the...
  13. J

Why is audio objectivism so frequently focused on all the wrong things?

There are no audible differences between (non-broken) DACs and amps, such that you could buy basically anything above a certain quality level, and it'd be audibly indistinguishable from anything else. This is the case we are dealing with. It would be fairly easy to draw a line on the SINAD...
  14. J

Review and Measurements of Topping MX3 DAC & Amp

I have one, it is excellent and sounds very transparent via speakers. It can hold its own against components costing 5 to 10 times as much without issue. Just goes to show, those measurements don't tell you what it will sound like...
  15. J

Alternatives to Topping MX3?

It has been very good. I have dropped it into 2 systems where it has been compared against electronics costing significantly more (e.g Naim Audio) and it has not been embarrassed. For the price it is an incredible bargain.
  16. J

Alternatives to Topping MX3?

I recently purchased a Topping MX3 which is a fantastic device providing a multiple input (USB, SPDIF, COAX) DAC, line level input, headphone amp and amplifier which can power speakers. I am going to keep it for use mostly as a computer based headphone amp, but I have a TV based system with...
  17. J

Early US house, now 30 years old from Lenny Dee and Tommy Musto Hardcore breakbeat classic from DJ Rap
  18. J

Massive bleeps and bass techno track from Sheffield. The bass tones at 1m30s will rattle the foundations (or your brains if you are wearing headphones).
Top Bottom