Search results

1. aikofan

Single subwoofer mono input vs stereo input dB difference

I have a single subwoofer (JL Audio D110) with only the left input connected to my miniDSP Flex. However, the subwoofer has been cutting out intermittently, so I want to try connecting both L+R inputs to see if that might solve this problem. So when going from one mono input to both inputs in...
  2. aikofan

Silicone tips for Apple EarPods - the old wired, free ones

My Senn HD6xx are too hot and sweaty to use in summer, so in hot weather I switch to the Apple EarPods that used to come free with iPhones. However, I don’t like the way they loosely fit in my ears and gradually slide out further and further after a few minutes, so I have to constantly push them...
  3. aikofan

How long do your Apple lightning dongles last?

The Apple dongle has been my main headphone amp driving my HD6xx for about 7 years, ever since Apple got rid of iPhone headphone jacks. I’m happy with the dongle. It drives my low-sensitivity headphones louder than I would ever want, and I could barely hear any difference in sound quality...
  4. aikofan

Need help with passive preamp and cables impedance and capacitance calculations

I‘m inserting a passive stepped attenuator between my miniDSP Flex and my power amp after I experience a couple of nasty and potentially destructive volume surge/noise incidents recently that I described in another thread. I need help determining whether I need to buy a pair of low-capacitance...
  5. aikofan

Need analog passive 2.1 volume control

I read about that dreaded ”automatically going to 0dB/melting tweeters & my eardrums“ problem on a couple of threads today, so I was inspired to start this thread. Like most of you, I despise this problem, and I’ve run into it way too often over the years. Most recently it was my miniDSP Flex...
  6. aikofan

Budget desk-mounted mic boom arm recommendations

To reduce mic setup footprint, I was looking at desk clamped boom arms. However, it seems like good, professional quality units are well into the 3 figures USD. I really don’t want to spend more for a stand than the value of my modest MXL mic, so I was wondering if anyone has tried any of the...
  7. aikofan

Help with REW & miniDSP Flex room correction for noob

I spent the afternoon yesterday playing around with my new Flex and REW in my 2.1 system. Here’s what I ended up at: I was targeting a Harman curve, and the REW auto EQ only gave me one filter, a cut around 29 Hz, so I added 4 more manual filters, with boosts ranging between 4 and 6 dB...
  8. aikofan

Are Monoprice cables really 16 AWG?

I’m about to buy a pair of XLR cables for my new Genelec 8030c monitors on order. I’ve been satisfied with Monoprice cables in the past, and I also saw this glowing recommendation from Archimago, and, most importantly, the price is right, so they were my first choice. However, I’ve seen several...
  9. aikofan

Need local music player for headless Windows PC

I’m looking for a music playing software solution that meets the following requirements: Works on Windows 10 Is free or very cheap (so I don’t feel committed and can easily switch to something else if I’m dissatisfied) Browses and plays various audio files (including flac, alac, aac, and mp3)...
  10. aikofan

Hiding threads

I just registered on the forum, although I’ve been lurking for a couple of years. But I see that logging in has advantages even for just passive participants, because you can easily see what threads have unread updates, etc. But to have even better filtering/curation, I was wondering if we have...
Top Bottom