Search results

1. S

Poll & discussion: UFOs / UAPs / Other Intelligent Life in Universe

As you may know the U.S. press is anxiously awaiting the U.S. Government to release a recently assembled report of non-classified information it has on UAPs or UFOs or whatever you want to call them. Navy pilots, former U.S security officials, and former high-ranking politicians and political...
  2. S

What does your dog eat

Testing how the the poll thread set-up works. This is a psychological test of your existentialist angst. Answers not listed will no longer be added to the poll post hoc. Please do not lie. Also please address whether or not you believe in such a thing as free will.
  3. S

Question re: digital clipping on streaming

I have a home-made Raspberry Pi digital streamer, which uses the Airplay protocol. It streams from wifi to the Raspberry Pi and out over optical via a HiFiBerry hat. There is no analog conversion going on until the signal moves beyond the Raspberry Pi and the hat. I also have a Berhinger...
  4. S

DIY: Your Son or Daughter Can Build a Raspberry Pi Audio Streamer for You in Minutes

So, as I wrote in another thread, my son is building me an audio streamer. This is a second-hand account unless he wants to write something. A HifiBerry Digi+ Pro is on the way from Amazon. It has optical and coax outs. Today we went to Microcenter and we bought some stuff. A Raspberry Pi 4 (4...
  5. S

AirPlay audio vs. Chromecast audio using iPad and A/V Receiver

If I have a choice in a music service app on my iPad, am I better off streaming to my receiver using AirPlay audio or Chromecast audio (both are built in to my receiver), or is there no practical meaningful difference? I truly don’t know what goes on behind the scenes to make all of this magic...
  6. S

Review: YouTube Premium including YouTube Premium Music Service

First what I regard as the downside to YouTube Premium: You are subjecting yourself to even more data collecting by the Big Four tech companies and handing them over an even larger proportion of your cash-money. Second, my editorial perspective: I have become a streaming service first consumer...
  7. S

The "Have People Criticize Your Own Photos" thread

This is a thread where you can put up your own photos you are not so sure about and have people laugh at them or whatever. My intent would be for people to be constructive and gentle but helpful. Here is a picture. I took it. It has some problems. This is an out-of-camera jpeg, except I reduced...
  8. S

I suggest the jazz thread in the music section gets pinned.

How could the jazz thread in the music section not be pinned? How could the jazz thread in the music section not be pinned? How could the jazz thread in the music section not be pinned? How could the jazz thread in the music section not be pinned? How could the jazz thread in the music section...
  9. S

ITunes clips on Windows 10 PC for Apple Music streaming or DRM'ed music--how to fix?

I have Apple Music. I can't get Itunes to stop clipping in Windows on a Dell desktop computer when streaming from the Apple Music service or using Apple DRM'ed files. Any suggestions on how to fix this? I am running Windows 10. I hear the clipping on any of several headphones at louder...
Top Bottom