Search results

1. T

Help me decide: 7.1 today with future headroom, go with the Denon AVR-X4700H or X8500H

Every girl that's come over so far has the same nonplussed comment: did you get enough speakers? They like it when the system is playing but I know none of them would stand to have a set up like this in their own home. probably mostly how the surrounds are just sitting in open space. But for...
  2. T

Help me decide: 7.1 today with future headroom, go with the Denon AVR-X4700H or X8500H

Thank you, but I'm currently single lol. My setup is lovely for me but I know when I get a girl she wouldn't approve of having that many speakers surrounding the living room, but we do what we can with what we have. I'm sort of okay with not having a divider because my dining room is right...
  3. T

I'm well past the time in my life where I am impressed by earth shattering bass. I run each at less than half volume and that's plenty for my tiny living room. So far, no one has complained but I plan to check with my neighbors to make sure I'm not being annoying.
  4. T

Well it took me quite a bit of time to get set up but as promised, here's my set up: I'm so very grateful to this forum for helping me with my equipment list. Its a perfect setup for my space. It sounds great, and doesn't disturb the neighbors. The only struggle I had was getting the...
  5. T

you know i consider myself to be a non-dumb person, that never occurred to me to try that. before I got the Denon AVR, I had the shield plugged directly into the TV and had no audio lag issues. hopefully the same will be true going through the AVR with this cable.
  6. T

so I set up my system temporarily (just to get everything out of the box and hooked up/working) and noticed there's significant audio lag coming from my nvidia shield. I'm using a generic HDMI cable and I suspect it has to be a cabling issue. The Apple TV 4K has no lag, its running this belkin...
  7. T

So I ended up getting the 4700H. I really wanted to wait and see what the new models would bring but I am now out of time. I will not really have time to buy, set up, and then research the new model on here whenever Denon gets around to launching it. I called up my local dealer and asked if he...
  8. T

wait what? they replaced the chip AND its more expensive than it was at launch?? yeah okay i'll just buy the amp and have a makeshift set up until something new approaches. going with purely 7.1 at the moment, I dont *really* need atmos right now anyway, its just that the 8801 doesnt have dolby...
  9. T

so... one more thing: are there any new Denon receivers on the horizon for this year? I know their release cycle is that they announce over the summer, and attempt to ship in late fall. They haven't refreshed their line up in 2 years, and are still having problems supplying the current chipset...
  10. T

I googled it and I see naked PCBoards with capacitors and stuff. do you have to like build these amp boxes or something? if I have to do extra work I'm not interested lol, i'd rather buy a big fat heavy box that's plug and play
  11. T

Because I already have a set of the RP-600Ms paired with a Marantz-NR1710 slimline receiver and a Rythmik subwoofer in a 2.1 system in our sunroom. The sunroom is a long rectangle but I still sit around 12 feet away the speakers. The speakers definitely sound like they're struggling at high...
  12. T

because i realized its a pipe dream at best. my new place will be big enough for a nice 7.1 set up, not much more. i may as well get the best, most reasonable processor now and then upgrade in a few years. the jump in price from the 4700 to the 6700 is too great given that i'll probably never...
  13. T

I was planning on getting the monoprice amp stand to place it on, so no, it will not be going into anything higher than a few inches off the ground, and I have a month before I move into my new place. perhaps its now time I start lifting weights to get stronger lol
  14. T

So I have a pair of Klipsch RF-7s and RC-7 in my theater room that I've had for almost two decades. I initially powered my entire 7.1 setup, which still exists today, with the amplifier section from the Denon 3803. At some point, my local A/V dealer where I got those speakers and equipment from...
  15. T

I bought my Denon 4700 from Listenup for $1529 including shipping in late 2020. Personally, I don't think $1500 is a great price for a used 4700. Here are the questions I would ask if I were in your shoes. Wow, its crazy how much prices have gone up in a couple of years! Most retailers are...
  16. T

A seller on Ebay is motivated to sell his open box 4700H for 1500 +shipping/taxes. I told him my concerns about the warranty coverage. He's willing to give me his sales receipt from listenup, and said he didnt register it. Is this a fair enough deal or should I just bite the bullet and by from...
  17. T

Not only did he not move on price, but tried to charge the current inflated prices. I was actually shocked. I thought it would be an easy transaction: I've bought these same exact speakers from him 3 years ago, I want them again. I was sure they'd just sell it to me at that same price. but they...
  18. T

Just put in a call to Safe and Sound and got all of my speakers for an unbelievable price! I've been going to my local dealer for all my A/V needs for over a decade, even referred 5 friends to him, and they would not work with me at all on pricing out my equipment at a good rate. oh well, i...
  19. T

I already bought my speakers from Safe and Sound!! they arrived in immaculate condition, and I will definitely call them tomorrow if they are open and see if I can work something out. Thank you!!
  20. T

I have the opportunity to buy a gently used 4700H. the original owner never registered it with Denon and bought it from an authorized dealer. If I get it, can I register it and get the full factory warranty or no?
Top Bottom