Search results

1. D

Tekton M-Lore Speaker Review

I was trying to give the TLDR on the other thread, which I skimmed the other day. I have forgotten the technical specifics, but certain of our members figured out the problems with the tweeter arrays quickly. Thanks to @Timcognito for providing the link. As to the new member, I just say...
  2. D

We know that the tweeter arrays are a solution in search of a problem. Eric Alexander is not revolutionizing speaker design. There is no need to dig further here.
  3. D

It will be worthwhile if I never again have to lay eyes on one of those tweeter "arrays"!
  4. D

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Good thinking! Hope you are ok after the crash....
  5. D

Dutch & Dutch 8c Review

Do you play golf or have other hobbies?
  6. D

Tekton most certainly does not have unlimited money to pay lawyers. No one does, although Bose was one of the few deep-pocketed companies in this industry able to pursue litigation against a reviewer. EA is obviously an obsessive. He cannot read measurements, and his writing skills should not...
  7. D

Analogue sound

Mark Levinson is selling some wild BS these days. The recent patent applications in his name are absolutely nuts. Using an inexpensive modern DAC with good performance would be an easy way to rule out the DAC as the source of any harshness in your setup. Unless you're trolling, of course.
  8. D

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Now you have to tell us which manufacturer :)
  9. D

That part of it is odd, yes, though I guess I saw some unusual stuff in 10 years of representing big companies, investment banks, and the disgustingly wealthy. Amir is free to say that he is not represented by counsel in this matter and request that Eric's lawyer contact him directly. That...
  10. D

Even those lawyers with exalted status in the most elite firms are, by and large, "mids". Law is a profession for wordcels, not shape rotators. I've seen partners at truly elite white shoe and magic circle firms misunderstand technology in ways that would astonish the members of this forum...
  11. D

No, in the United States, every state has a version of what is commonly known as the "no contact" rule. If a third party is represented by its own counsel, your lawyer can get in trouble with the state bar for communicating directly with the third party instead of through that party's counsel.
  12. D

Yes, it is. So bring the substance and cut the BS.
  13. D

@Eric Alexander, have you or Tekton ever brought a defamation lawsuit? It seems there's a history of threats with no filings. You would have an obligation of disclosure in a defamation suit. You keep saying "false light." That's a separate cause of action and does not mean what you seem to...
  14. D

Even if I were a hardcore, measurement-disbelieving lover of speakers with too many tweeters, I wouldn't be willing to do business with Tekton after reading the unhinged and ludicrous rantings in this thread. It's TotalDAC all over again, except with a threat of litigation...
  15. D

What interesting and tasty cheese are you enjoying today? This is like the spirits thread but for cheese.

One of my better culinary memories is of the evening I had two cheese portions after the tasting menu at the Ledbury. Having two cheese portions allowed me to try all 10 of the cheeses. (Each cheese plate entitled a diner to his choice of five; my spouse decided she was full after catching some...
  16. D

Which speakers are the Classical Music Pros using?

Not the best monitoring setup in lower Westchester...
  17. D

Your latest cool purchase

I don't like mine, either.
  18. D

ACTIVE STUDIO MONITOR REPAIR FACILITY

If the entire monitor (as opposed to a single driver) died, I'm wondering if a fuse may be blown. That would be an easy fix. My apologies if you've already considered the possibility.
  19. D

Wadax Reference Server

Can I use the expansion bays to turn it into a PC gaming rig? What OS does it run?
Top Bottom