Search results

1. A

CD turntables how do they work?

For those unfamiliar with the technology. These are very cool devices meant for djs. You can play a cd, make loops, change the pitch, scratch, play music backwards. I recently bought a pair of Pioneer cdj 1000mk3 and use the digital out to feed my dac. Sounds excellent but it is a nice toy as...
  2. A

Help me understand "CD rot"

This weekend I bought some CDs at a goodwill type store. I like CDs, I am old. Some cool finds, st Germain, Kosheen, I consider this a good way to find new music. Complete Andre Hazes hits, Dutch people will understand why this is awesome. I feel guilty paying a euro for a CD with awesome music...
  3. A

Questions on cable lifter measuring

While the essential role of cables in sound reproduction has been firmly stablished, I feel the functions of cable lifters are much less defined. I would suggest there are four roles that cable lifters must perform. Defining these roles may help us in designing proper scientific testing...
  4. A

A Watt is a Watt or do you need a powerful amplifier for good bass?

The title says it all. There is an audio myth that large amplifiers are needed to get good bass. Is this true? My feeling as a scientifically inclined audio agnostic leans heavily towards the opinion that a Watt is a Watt and that therefore it does not make a difference what the power of your...
Top Bottom