Search results

1. 1

Sony STR-DH190 Stereo Receiver Reviewed

Hmm, well i was hoping for some more substantive proof than what you could offer (the IT guy who has been swapping out hard drives at the company for 15 years has a different insight but not on the same level as the engineer who's been designing home electronics PCBs for 15 years), but I'll keep...
  2. 1

This board has quite a lot of fusing in addition to the diode clamped against the large can caps. There are quite a few possibilities for a fuse that could blow and bring it down including the usage of thermal PC board Is there evidence i am unaware of that the mains transformer's thermal fuse...
  3. 1

analysis of the PCB, noted some spaces where other components might be used for higher end models of this amp family also attached a good quality image i found of the bottom of the pcb, used to help decipher what was routed where
  4. 1

people..... look inside your amps This is a really interesting amplifier with an interesting design and it is still available even in this parts shortage situation. I saw someone suggested maybe the Yamaha R-S202 would be better, simply checking the promo photos of the main board itself shows...
  5. 1

Clipping & Underpowered Speakers

I am going to respond directly to the OP without reading most of the rest of the thread. What we really need to consider is the peak to peak potential of the voltage (Vpp) driving the amp. Clipping is when we exceed what the Vpp of the power supply can provide. So technically you could not...
  6. 1

Question about home network functionality

No and it is open source 100% which basically means if it did "phone home", anyone in the world could (and would) make their own version that DOESN'T "phone home". I'm aware of a considerable number of LMS users who are notably paranoid about this sort of thing, and have the means and knowledge...
  7. 1

Relocating the PC

You use NS-1000! I've owned NS-10 Studio for a long time. One day I'll get NS-1000. Though I think I've only ever seen NS-1000M for sale; I don't know what's different about the plain 1000 model. I'm hoping one day I'll find some NS-1000 in my country for under $1000 without major faults. I...
  8. 1

JVC HA-SZ1000 Review (Headphone)

Not sure why everyone here is focused on the measurements of this headphone.;) As you saw from the video on the 2nd page, the goal of this headphone was providing tangible amounts of SPL for serious bassheads, like the kind of car audio guys whose bass you can hear from 3 blocks away. I think...
  9. 1

Question about home network functionality

Use the open source Logitech Media Server. No i am not joking, No you don't need to own Logitech devices to use it. It "just works" once setup, is very well and thoroughly maintained. There is really no reason NOT to use it, especially if you are not technologically adept since it will do all...
  10. 1

Inexpensive streamer option

I am very "anti-Raspberry Pi" because I am annoyed by how many project seems to use it "For the sake of using one". Additionally, since the supply-chain issues regarding silicon chips a couple years ago, RPi are now much harder to find than they used to be. In past times, one could visit an...
  11. 1

Relocating the PC

Can I suggest my alternative option, since it may help some users here. If you need it to be out of the way, not seen, and certainly not heard..... Why not use an older Wifi Router which supports OpenWRT or one of the many Thin Client PC's on eBay?? I actually have a Netgear WNDR3700 I never...
  12. 1

Trying to decide on new near field monitors for casual(ish) listening

Even though OP already found speakers they are happy with, I wanted to chime in and say I am a fairly quiet listener too, It's actually not very often at all that I listen above ~75dB. For this reason I often enjoyed full range speakers with a smaller 3" woofer, or something like the very small...
  13. 1

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Thanks, i actually got a pair of used Yamaha NS-333 for $100 just now, the constant power rating is a surprisingly high % of the maximum power rating so I think it will be a good speaker to test the power output capabilities of my TPA3255 board when it arrives. If I hate them, I can easily make...
  14. 1

Which TPA3255 amp do you recommend?

I thought I saw a post in this thread warning about some modification to the PCB that should be made before using the amp. Is this true? is there any error in the PCB? If not, it may have been a mistranslation saying something was poorly soldered, which is easy enough to find with a visual...
  15. 1

Is anyone using a 20K Potentiometer on the input of their TPA3255? I know this is a contentious topic so I am not looking to start a discussion of opinions, just want to know if it's technically possible because I believe I read someone tried a potentiometer of 100K and the Shui Yuan amp went...
  16. 1

JBL Studio 530 Speaker Review

Hi, I'm considering getting some of these. I put an order in for JBL Stage A130 recently, but it was before I noticed the more recent reports that the A130 is not consistent in measurements, and my order was cancelled for me so I consider it good luck. I'm thinking about getting some of these...
  17. 1

JVC HA-SZ1000 Review (Headphone)

They definitely aren't for everybody, but I'll never get rid of my SZ2000's, which were designed to take a huge amount of power and provide a huge amount of SPL, but EQ'ing is a necessity. I wish I had kept my SZ1000's. They were fun, didn't need EQ as much as the SZ2000, but I really do miss...
  18. 1

For my own DACs I do use a regular old USB charger plus an ADUM3160 isolator and I have been doing this for years and find it to be a wonderful setup. I should have said ideal instead of optimal, in the same sense an "ideal" power supply is 100% efficient. With that said, I really only know...
  19. 1

I appreciate the links @daniboun and @somebodyelse :-) Without getting too off topic I only really know vintage power amps like Class A & Class AB. It's only when I got my D802C about 4 years ago that I finally moved away from using vintage receivers and power amps. So again I appreciate your...
  20. 1

If you want to act so belligerent on a public forum, the onus is on you to provide some backup for your claims. To counter your post, If any old SMPS of any brand and specification worked without issue, and the only thing that mattered was the magical number of volts, we'd all be using LED...
Top Bottom