Search results

1. N

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

Headphones: Philips Fidelio X2HR It has happened both while listening to music and when there was no audio playback. Using USB with Windows.
  2. N

I started to keep a record of the unit going into standby by itself. Here's what I have so far. 4/16 - 12am 4/28 - 3:44am 5/8 - 10:11pm 5/20 - 3:22am I wonder if it's a pattern? Seems to be happening fairly consistently every 10-12 days.
  3. N

This time, nothing was actually playing at the time. Web browser and Spotify were both running, but no audio was being played. On the other occasions I don't remember what I was doing since they happened so far apart, but during at least one of them, music was playing either from browser or foobar.
  4. N

Just had my 5th or 6th shutdown, the first one since disabling standby mode a month ago. A bit disappointed since I thought this would have fixed it, guess I'll be trying to get a replacement after all. Anyone gone through the process yet?
  5. N

Wow, I hope my unit is not the next to fail (using low impedance as well, Fidelio X2HR). Had a few random shutdowns but they were a few weeks apart like the others here reported. Hasn't happened since I disabled the auto-standby and began powering the unit on and off via remote.
  6. N

I feel bad now haha, I bought Philips Fidelio X2HR for 170, but there was nothing better than DX3 Pro in this price range that I wanted to pair it with. At least I got the DX3 for less than the headphones :p
  7. N

Review: Apple vs Google USB-C Headphone Adapters

From what I've seen in various leaks, it seems that the S10 will have it, but the rumor is that its successor will not. :( I hope that at least the dongle tech can keep up with whatever "innovation" is coming at the cost of the 3.5mm...
  8. N

Sorry I don't have any technical advice to offer. But if you can find a way to ship it back for a bit less, PayPal will cover the return shipping up to $30 USD if you used them to pay. (max 12 times a year)
  9. N

I think I saw somewhere (probably here) that it was an issue of space. Not sure how big the PCB inside is in relation to the aluminum housing, but I'm guessing they would have had to make the whole unit larger or the screen smaller in order to accommodate 6.35mm jack. That's pretty much the only...
  10. N

Thank you very much for answering my questions. From what I've noticed, I only experienced a minor amount of clicking when playback starts and stops, or when bitrate changes between tracks. I'm looking forward to any further improvements. Lastly, do you recommend 24 bit or 32 bit operation? I'm...
  11. N

Just to clarify (as I am not eager to reference several pages back), is the constant click only occurring with people using it in WASAPI mode for music playback and then browsing the web (which should not be attaching to the DX3 at all)? Or is it happening to them constantly even in shared mode...
  12. N

It works fine for me. I guess some people are getting duds. (I assume everyone figured out how to place the battery between the two metal contacts, positive side up)
  13. N

Hmm, are you sure? I only remember this post: But ignoring that, I was under the impression that he was also using it as a daily driver, and assumed he would encounter the issue using it while browsing YouTube, etc. I don't have my unit yet, will be receiving it tomorrow (well, later today). I...
  14. N

Hi, thanks for explaining the situation. It's my first time buying a Topping product, I bought DX3 Pro without hesitation after seeing the test results here. I have a couple questions. First, is this a problem unique to AK4493/XU208/AK4118 and DX3 Pro, or do other DAC have similar issues? I am...
  15. N

Correct, Shenzhen Audio is one of the authorized Topping resellers. That's just a worst-case number to give them leeway on Amazon/eBay I think. It showed the same for me, both at the time of purchase and currently; huge month-long window all the way into January. If you check the tracking...
Top Bottom