Search results

1. S

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Hi folks - Just got my AZ5000 yesterday. Upgraded from an Onkyo NR7100. So far pretty pleased, and thankfully zero hissing or sounds, regardless of if spacial mapping is turned on or not. Was able to get it on Ebay, brand new and unopened for $1650 which I thought was a pretty good deal. I am...
  2. S

Arendal 1961 Bookshelf review (by Erin)

Thanks for the feedback. Any specific thoughts regarding music performance?
  3. S

I currently use the LS50 meta's as main speakers, with KEF Q150's as surround. Currently have an entry-level Klipsch sub but expecting a new SVS sub today actually.
  4. S

I know I'm late to the party here ... but I recently purchased Kef LS50 metas (got a used-like new deal for $1100). They are really nice, but before I pulled the trigger on the KEFs these Arendals were on my shortlist. I have that lovely nagging wondering... "Would these Arendals be better?"...
  5. S

Edifier S3000 Pro and the wireless connection between L/R

Regarding your comment "there's really no benefit to using an external DAC.", are you certain there is no benefit? I ask because when I switched from a creative sound card to an iFi Zen Dac V2 I noticed a pretty big difference in overall sound quality.
  6. S

I found a device document, and it appears that certain KleerNet chips can support higher than CD Quality. The document is here: http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/en562499.pdf It appears there are 5 different chips, with all but one supporting 16/24-bits, 48/96KHz. The one that...
  7. S

I recently purchased the Edifier S3000 Pro. Connected to my DAC via XLR. One of the unique features of this set is there is no cable connecting left and right speaker. It's done via KleerNet, while the right speaker contains all the connections. However, this has recently made me wonder ---...
Top Bottom