Search results

1. E

Standalone DAC for use with a Marantz AV8805A preamp?

We will see...the replacement increased in price to $7k..$1500 more than mine.
  2. E

Denafrips

I understand what you are saying...have you ever listened to a ladder DAC and compared it to a DAC in a AVP? I have experienced the suggested thought affecting the sound, but when you can sit down listening to the Pontus every day and listen to the same tracks and hear dramatic differences in...
  3. E

Denafrips

I bet you anyone can hear the difference between a ladder DAC and a ESS DAC, and yes I level matched.
  4. E

Denafrips

I took the 2nd post as saying it would not make a difference. "Getting a Denafrips, chord or Yggdrasil will not improve your sound."
  5. E

I have Dirac, but I have not used it, yet. I do have 11 acoustic panels plus 2 13' tall bass traps, but the room is about 20,000 CF.
  6. E

I actually am thinking of selling it...since my 2 channel Denafrips Athena/Pontus setup sounds so much better. Currently I am running the XLR outs from the 8805a to the Athena and then from the Athena to my crossover. The main reason I am looking to sell the 8805A is we are looking to move to...
  7. E

Denafrips

I have now added a Lumin U1 Mini, and the Denafrips Athena preamp, and for all the nay sayers there is a difference to be heard...with the biggest difference being the DAC. I love the holographic presentation my setup has now,
  8. E

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

I returned my PA5s to Amazon...they developed a hiss during the first 30 days.
  9. E

Denafrips

I just got my Denafrips Pontus II, and I love it so far. I am using it for Roon only though currently... I run USB from my Roon Windows NUC to the Pontus with the Balanced XLRs out to my Marantz AV8805A Balanced XLR ins. I have the input set for Direct (to bypass the ESS Marantz DAC). I am def...
  10. E

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I use PA5s in a 25,000CF room with K402 horns and it is plenty of power.
  11. E

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

I think it is designed for nearfield speakers in a desktop environment, but a lot of people with high efficiency speakers are using them for their main setup too.
  12. E

First listening impression of Topping pa5.

Well I now have 2 of the PA5s and the hiss is not completely gone, but it is only audible if I bend down and put my ear about a foot away from the mouth of my K402 horn...the Icepower was noticeable about 3' from the mouth of the horn. I am planning on switching out my EV DH1As end of next...
  13. E

First listening impression of Topping pa5.

Alll this praise for the PA-5s has made me push the buy button on a pair of PA-5s. We will see how they work out with my K402MEHs. I currently run 2 15" Celestion woofers in the MEH and a EV DH1A compression driver, but I am planning on upgrading the Compression drivers to the Celestion AXI2050...
  14. E

I have a Marantz AV8805a preamp with DIY Klipsch K402 MEH horns, currently being driven with Icepower 50ASX2BTL amps for the EV DH1A compression drivers (soon to be replaced with Celestion AXi2050s. I run the Icepower 125ASX2BTL amps for the dual Celestion 15" woofers (in each horn). I am...
  15. E

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I just ordered one to try on my K402MEHs... for the EV DH1A compression drivers. I am currently using a DIY Icepower 50ASX2BTL. I also have 2 Pass ACA monos to compare it too.
  16. E

Review and Measurements of Allo DigiOne RPI S/PDIF

I just purchased a ALLO One player with SPDIF out... Do I just use a 75ohm RCA cable to connect it to my Yamaha CXA preamp? My Yamaha has coax and optical ins.
  17. E

Trinnov Altitude / JBL SDP-75

Thank you very much for the info...if I can I will go for the Trinnov...if not I might go for the SDP75...I def need at least 16 channels of output, and bi/tri amp capability, so I can eliminate my Xilica, and Minidsp DDRC88As. The SDP75 has Auro3d just like the Altitude, correct?.
  18. E

I had thought all of the processors except the Trinova and Storm had bugs...thank you for clarifying that. Does it have the same filter capacity as the Trinnov? What are reasons to get the Trinnov over the SDP75? I am hoping that I can swing enough cash to get the Trinnov, but the SDP75 is much...
  19. E

On the JBL SDP75, how many filters are available per channel... I want to do a 2 or 3 way crossover for my front 3 channels. Also are the bugs finally solved?
Top Bottom