Search results

1. C

Revel M105 vs M106 -- how to interpret measurements?

Much appreciated. I was trying to decide between the 105's & 106's. The 105's would probably be more than enough 95% of the time, but the other 5% might annoy me too much if I wanted to crank them
  2. C

Revel M105 vs M106 -- how to interpret measurements?

How loud can you play the 105's before compression/distortion?
  3. C

Buchardt S400 *MKII* Spinorama and measurements

Yeah, I'm trying out the M105 & M106 right now. They're definitely my type of sound. I prefer the sound of the 105, just wish it scaled bigger. I'm curious if the f206 blends both and takes it to another level. I've always been curious about the buchardt sound, maybe I'll find out one day
  4. C

Revel M106 or F206 - Bookshelf vs Floorstander

How would you compare them to the 105's?
  5. C

Did I make a mistake?

If you don't mind, I'm curious what you'll list them for?
  6. C

Did I make a mistake?

Thank you so much. It really helps hearing others experiences. Are you still planning on selling yours?
  7. C

Did I make a mistake?

If so, you've got yourself a good little speaker. Wouldn't mind a fuller sound, guess there's only one way to find out. Thanks so much
  8. C

Did I make a mistake?

Thank you for that. Yeah, the 105's feel reserved, really can't put my finger on what's missing. That seems to be the general consensus with the 1TDX's. Wish I could A/B these in my space. How are the dynamics on the LX... do you feel they project a full sound?
  9. C

Did I make a mistake?

Yeah, I really didn't think I would like the 105's as much as I do. The integration between the drivers is so good, it almost makes up for the lack of low end. I was hoping subs would lead to some balance, but I'm just having the damnedest time filling in the perceived gap. I bet those B1's are...
  10. C

Did I make a mistake?

Funny you mention that... I'm actually hoping that's my end game speaker (at least for a long time). Just waiting for the walnut finish to come out next year. I wish there were more 3-ways on the market in monitor form. In the meantime, I figured I would try out a bunch of speakers until that...
  11. C

Did I make a mistake?

Glad to hear, as I'm considering the LX's. Those 1723's sound amazing from all the reviews... nice choice. If you have the time, would you mind comparing the 1TDX to LX's? I'm currently running M105's and while they're great speakers, there's just something "plain" or missing with them (for my...
  12. C

Did I make a mistake?

I see that you might be selling the LX's... mind if I ask why after they ended up beating out some stiff competition?
  13. C

Buchardt S400 *MKII* Spinorama and measurements

How do you compare the S400 mk2 to the M105?
  14. C

Revel M105 For Sale

Hi, great. Is the price still the same?
  15. C

Revel M105 For Sale

Still available?
  16. C

Genelec, Ascend or Arendal for Upgrade?

How do those compare to the 2EX's?
  17. C

Genelec, Ascend or Arendal for Upgrade?

Ever experienced the Revel M106?
  18. C

Ascend Sierra 2 Speaker Review

Which BMR version do you have? How would you compare them to the EX v1's?
  19. C

Subwoofers make all big speakers obsolete?

Yeah, space is an issue. The way the room is setup, the living portion is on one side, with the dining and entrance into the kitchen as well as another room on the other. Distortion would definitely be helped with the larger woofer but I'm not sure most of the music I listen to requires a sub to...
  20. C

Subwoofers make all big speakers obsolete?

Room size has been one of the more difficult assessments in choosing a sub. I don't know what classifies as a small room compared to a medium one. Mine is very similar to yours, only 4' longer. I felt an 8" was enough for my tastes when I tested one, couldn't imagine two 12's
Top Bottom