Search results

1. T

Is an audiophile gear good for gaming?

yes, true... maybe it's just that those games are designed for regular consumer headphones with all the defects they have and a proper pair is just going to honestly show me all those defects. I try some of the headphones below 200$ mentioned here with a gaming soundcard, maybe I'll get lucky.
  2. T

Unfortunately the Dan Clark and HD 800 are far out of my budget. I was willing to spend 1K$ on a GPU that I use for gaming and 3D rendering but for headphones, I wouldn't be comfortable with that purchase. But the Phillips looks great and very well priced, I'll probably put that and the Bose...
  3. T

Yes I did, first used Amir's EQ settings as reference and then I tried to tweak it to suit my needs. The problem was that once I managed to make it work in e.g. Overwatch, for the next game some other effects were too loud and something else too quiet. For example in Dying light when I critical...
  4. T

btw how's the sound quality on those? is it reasonably detailed? are the gunshots and critical hits painfully sharp?
  5. T

I didn't mention, the headphones do not have to be noise cancelling or wireless. A wired pair with no noise cancel would do just fine as I use this at home only, in a quiet room.
  6. T

Yes headphones, I think I'll sell my Fiio K5 and get a cheaper gaming soundcard. As for IEMs, I read something that they might damage the hearing more in case of loud sounds due to being put in the ear canal (and vibrating the eardrums?? don't quote me on that one). And also for the same reason...
  7. T

Hello, Lately I've been trying to get a proper audio setup for my PC, even posted a few threads around here asking for advice. I use it for coding and gaming mostly, sometimes I listen to music while working, all kinds of genres. I have a Fiio K5 Pro DAC/AMP. I tried the following headphones...
  8. T

Equalizer APO PEQ filters for Hifiman Deva Pro wired?

Hello, I bought a Hifiman Deva Pro wired and I find it a great value, also it responds nicely to EQ changes. I found this guide here that contains Amir's EQ profiles for various headphones. I haven't found one for Deva but I tried other Hifiman headphones settings and some are better than...
  9. T

Hifiman Edition XS

Thanks for the review. To listen to for extended periods of time, were the Edition XS fatigueing? E.g. were the trebles / high pitch sounds extremely sharp and punchy? I use my headphones for everything from gaming to music to watch movies.
  10. T

Sennheiser HD660 S vs HD650 - Which side are you on?

I got my HD660S, some thoughts on them, running with a Fiio K5 Pro and listening to music on YouTube like the peasant I am - Out of the box they definitely sound a bit more veiled and damp than the Sundaras, I wouldn't say they are worse though. HD660S is definitely an accurate pair. I don't...
  11. T

ty, I didn't know that. then again, these will be my first pair of proper headphones (if you don't count having the Sundaras for a short time) :D
  12. T

That def sounds interesting and I'll check it out but as long as I have my warranty for these, I wouldn't void it by taking these apart.
  13. T

I was about to run out of the return period, it made more sense to just return them and get a refund :( Note I'm not an actual audiophile like you guys here. I play games, listen to youtube or watch movies only. I just want a decent sound for these, my current Plantronics blackwire just ain't...
  14. T

Thanks, then judging by your earlier experience with these headphones I think I'll try a HD660S. The clamping force of the Sundaras were perfect for me, very comfortable pair and listening to bass boosted music was not fatiguing at all. Gunshots in games were terrible though :/
  15. T

Did you find either the HD650 or the HD660S's unequalized treble harsh and sharp, so much so that it results in fatigue and headache? I mentioned in a thread earlier that I had a pair of Sundaras that were amazing but had to return them because I couldn't play games on them. The gunshots were...
  16. T

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Then since both can power the headphones in my price range and the K5, being a single device is more compact (which is what I need), it looks like I made the right call to return the more expensive stack and keep this.
  17. T

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Thank you for this, I'm looking forward to the results. I bought a pair of Sundaras, and first tried them with a Topping A50S / Topping E30 stack, and then a Fiio K5 Pro ESS I bought (I returned the Topping stack. It's much better than the K5, obviously, but I think for me they are overpriced...
  18. T

Can an Audient Evo 4 drive a Hifiman Sundara?

I noticed the Fiio K5 has a newer release, the K5 Pro ESS (it has a somewhat better DAC). I purchased that one and will try it out when it arrives. It does everything I need and nothing I don't. Thanks for the help guys!
  19. T

Ty, I'll check them out. But honestly, a DX3 isn't too expensive either and it would drive my headphones for years to come.
  20. T

Thanks, those actually look great. On the other hand, I might just switch from my Sundaras to a pair that are easier to drive, even though I like its sound to be honest.
Top Bottom