Search results

1. X

Genelec options for dedicated home theater.

Sorry for the lack of update.... I got analysis paralysis and moved on to other things for the last year. Got my pool and outdoor setup all built and broken in, few updates in other areas of the house etc. I'm not getting back into the swing of the HT will start moving forward in the near...
  2. X

I'm curious of your thoughts on the scenarios I've laid out... Using the 8361 as LCR and putting an NSW21 below each running from 35-200hz or so, creating a "super main" type lcr, then running the sealed 24s for ULF from 35hz on down, or running something like the 1234AC as the lcr and just...
  3. X

The issue is that I don’t want subs in the rear corners of the room. My question about something being better wasn’t really about absolute max spl(of course output is important to me too, more so than most folks I suspect) but integration of the nsws as “mid bass bins” integrating with the...
  4. X

You’re way more versed in this than me…I was just thinking that gets the output(and then some) of the 1234a, the benefits of the 8361a and saves the most money. I don’t want it to be an inferior solution in any way though. If you think there’s a better option for the mains to have it all so to...
  5. X

More so meaning if I were to stack the lcr on an nsw each as “part of the main” and still using the 24s for 35hz down, and placed optimally for that. Just replacing the woofer stands with my own version really.
  6. X

That’s plenty high I think. It would work out similar to what the GLM usually passes of to the 371 at. Do you think that with all the capabilities of the trinnov, that making the NSW blend well with the 8361(or even 8351 if this is the route) and act like a big main is realistic?
  7. X

It was great. If the opportunity presents, you definitely should! I would be mounting in a baffle wall (I left that out above) and that is why their comments were that they thought it would be similar. You are correct about the NSW....I can certainly try a sealed box for them and test it...
  8. X

Lol, that could very well be. It was secondary impact or anything like that which was missing, it was that I never had the initial attack from the note. Could still be a dead room and tuned dead flat so it seems that way....which in the end would be a positive because I'm starting with an...
  9. X

Speaking about the tapped or front loaded horn subs, not the speakers.
  10. X

Just a little update on my search here. I was able to demo a full "one's" system at the Natick Ma headquarters on Friday last week. The setup was a trio of the 8351b+w371 and then 8341s for surround and height channels. The guys at Genelec were great. They let me run the controls and choose...
  11. X

That's interesting, 40hz to the 8361. Maybe it's because I haven't gotten to hear them yet (tomorrow), but They just seem so small to run down to 60hz with authority. I get the curve preference. My primary use will be movies and higher than average output, so I wonder if the advantages of the...
  12. X

I agree, I guess I was thinking if I limited how far down I asked the 371 to play, they’d scream…I guess even if they did, that’s a lot of money for a little gain that could be had for a lot less. I see the flush mount kits for the 8351, but not the 61. I guess if the solution becomes horn and...
  13. X

And just going back to this, of course my ADD and indecisive nature kick in....a trio of the 371 under the lcr would of course boost the output max at that range and get me more than enough from 35hz-where the 8351 or 61 will take over, leaving no reason to design cabinets and build horns (not...
  14. X

There are actually a huge number of devastator designs on AVS that could work potentially and it seems some of the design folks are willing to do alterations to them in order to fit certain spaces, so that may work out. Issue becomes fitting a design that actually uses the NSW....which really...
  15. X

Good advice and thoughts for sure. More so that mounting the 371 that way, I was trying to figure if a different main should be used and baffle wall mounted, or maybe if just the 8361 is used (if the 300hz on down to maybe 150-120 is capable enough) with a little more complex sub system like...
  16. X

I could probably do that and it would likely be close to ideal sub placement in most cases. The eq in the trinnov will still allow for using the subs up to 150 or 200hz without any issues? Again, I'd prefer running it all behind the screen wall to keep the room aesthetics as clean as possible...
  17. X

The biggest issue, on the surface, is that every horn design I'm seeing has the mouth in the wrong place based on it's dimensions, for my use. I want to make something as close to ideal height for a ''stand" for the lcr, but not eat up 3+ft behind the screen. I'm planning 24" of depth behind...
  18. X

That's awesome. If you don't push your limits, you'll never know what they are lol. I wouldn't push past reference for any prolonged period of watching movies anyhow. True reference volume is pretty loud when sustained. I'm going to look at a bunch of horn designs now and see what will most...
  19. X

If this ends up the route, the thing I'll need to figure out is a horn with dimensions that works under each of the 8361 height wise and leaves me the room to place the 24's in large sealed enclosures at the 1/4 points on the baffle wall.
  20. X

That's really encouraging!! You have no issues with the lcr keeping up to your liking? This solution could result in so much money savings for me.
Top Bottom