Search results

1. Glitch

High quality media player for Android

HiBy player outputs noticeably cleaner music than other free Android music apps in regular mode playback, and even through Bluetooth as well. It can also do Exclusive mode if you plug a USB DAC. You don't have to believe me, you can try it for yourself, it's free. I haven't compared it to UAPP...
  2. Glitch

High quality media player for Android

The HiBy Music Player plays noticeably better audio than all other Android apps even over bluetooth and is free. They must do some internal resampling. I hate the interface but I manage.
  3. Glitch

AKG N700nc m2 Measurements

The Deviation from Target graph should be in a 1dB or 1.5dB scale. 2.5dB doesn't make a lot of sense and it's a bit difficult to comprehend at a glance.
  4. Glitch

M-Audio BX8 D3 Monitor Review

Excellent distortion figures for the tweeter!!! Can anyone find the part number and whether it can be ordered as a spare part for DIY projects?
  5. Glitch

Buckeye NC502MP 8-Channel Amp Review

Looks excellent to me. I only wish we could get half the power for half the price.
  6. Glitch

Pyle PT8000CH 8-Channel Amplifier Review

It's like private Pyle from Full Metal Jacket - sucks at everything else, but they put him a multichannel setup and oh damn, the best marksman of the battalion.
  7. Glitch

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

Yes, that's what I want, an 8ch MiniDSP Flex/SHD. And I don't think I'm the only one. The 120dB SINAD is great and worth the asking price, except in practical terms a well implemented 8ch DSP with 96dB SINAD and various inputs is much more valuable. It's as if Topping is playing to their...
  8. Glitch

Topping DM7 8-Channel DAC Review

A missed opportunity for the active crossover market IMHO with the omission of an onboard DSP and an analog input. DSP on the PC is not straightforward and has many problems.
  9. Glitch

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

Will using a curved pipe reduce higher mode port resonances? What causes the resonances, is it more the port or the cabinet?
  10. Glitch

Pioneer SP-C22 Review (Center Speaker)

Can you elaborate on using 4th order LR crossover for D'Appolito? I can't find anything definitive about it online. The xDir simulator only fills in the lobbing nulls when the phase of the tweeter is at 90 degrees. 3rd and 4th order both have a -6dB crossover point but 3rd order with inverted...
  11. Glitch

Oh, I didn't know inverted phase 4th order LR works too. Much easier to design!
  12. Glitch

MTM just means a Midwoofer-Tweeter-Midwoofer topology. D'Appolito is a special crossover designed to reduce the lobbing (destructive interference) for MTM topology. Typical crossovers are even 2nd or 4th order Linkwitz-Riley, D'Appolito is a 3rd order with inverted phase. Makes sense now? #1 =...
  13. Glitch

Build center channels with D'Appolito crossovers = excellent horizontal coverage. Am I missing something?
  14. Glitch

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

No, just going from the previous review.
  15. Glitch

Why aren't all center channel speakers D'Appolito crossover?
  16. Glitch

SMSL A100 Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Nice case and probably the elevated high frequency distortion isn't very audible if Amir recommends it but the Aiyima 07 remains the <$100 champ. SMSL A100 + a pair of Pioneer SP-C22 standing upwards = perfect gift to relatives and friends so you don't have to be tortured with crappy sound when...
  17. Glitch

2022-04-24 On this day I heard music free of distortion for the first time in my life!

A bold claim, I know but I fall back on measurements showing that distortions of my recently acquired gear test below the threshold of hearing. A DAC with at least 16bit resolution - THD < 96dB. An amplifier with a noise floor below the range of human hearing - THD < 120dB. Speakers/headphones...
  18. Glitch

Topping NX7 announced

The Topping NX7 has a warning that removing the cover automatically voids the warranty. I kinda get the company not wanting customers to tinker with the components and having its designs plastered over the Internet. I don't care if they use cheap components because it measures in the state of...
  19. Glitch

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Undistorted bass is like nothing I had ever heard before the DC Aeon RTs. Even with well designed speakers the listening room will destroy the bass. I haven't heard it outside either because pro speakers never go below 50Hz. I think it has the potential to be a disruptive technology if somebody...
  20. Glitch

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

Yeah, I can't hear any distortion from the DC Aeon RTs. At high volume I feel a slight buzzing sensation but I think that's just my ears being overwhelmed by the sound pressure. They are helping me understand distortion in other speakers/headphones and equipment. Here's an anecdote, I was using...
Top Bottom