Search results

1. X

Poll for Topping PA5 owners only please.

If you're like me and have to pay to ship to china even for warranty repair, it's not worth it. They are trash. You don't throw good money after bad.
  2. X

Buckeye NC252MP Stereo Amplifier Review

@amirm can you add the passive wattage draw on the device? I was shocked by how high the 502 draw is when I got mine -- I had thought that class D meant efficient, but not so at low power use.
  3. X

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

You're literally 250 pages into a thread of comments complaining about a device that has very good measurements.
  4. X

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

I'd seriously contemplate whether it's worth repairing. My answer for me was "no"
  5. X

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

ahb2's don't clip. They will protect long before they clip. Also, their watt outputs into different loads are well documented, so the volume of your speaker is kind of irrelevant. Anyone can just look up how many watts they'll put out. I have 5 ahb2's. They're great.
  6. X

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

reviewing the model is fine. But when it's graphed it should be lumped for long-term clarity.
  7. X

Apollon NCx500ST Stereo Amplifier Review

It'd be great to just lump amps built with commodity parts in one graph entry unless they're significantly different than reference. The graph entry should just be the commodity part.
  8. X

ASR Weekly Audio Reviews Episode #2 (Video)

@amirm I like a lot of your content, but this seems like a big time sink that really doesn't add much to the written reviews. I'd rather fewer videos that were more in-depth.
  9. X

JBL Control X Wireless Measurements & Review

I wish people would say "active speaker" instead of "wireless speaker" -- they are never wireless and they often have MORE wires in them than a "wired" speaker.
  10. X

ASR Weekly Audio Reviews Episode #1 (Video)

Sure it does. That's exactly what it means. One is not entitled to have their opinion matter to others.
  11. X

ASR Weekly Audio Reviews Episode #1 (Video)

That's a weird take to think that your opinion (edit: on this matter) should matter to other people.
  12. X

BUCKEYEAMPS Hypex NCx500 Amplifier 2channel Review

I've spoken with the guys at benchmark a few times, they don't seem concerned about their AHB2 breaking under stress. And they're clear about under what loads it will protect under and why they do/don't advertise certain numbers. But that's a very different price class than this product...
  13. X

@amirm I'd love if you'd make a video about the pitfalls of testing amplifiers. You've said in prior reviews that you're very careful how you measure and this review seems to be on the other side of things. I'm really mixed feelings about my expectations to be able to use an audio amp for...
  14. X

that doesn't do anything for bass and that's where almost all my wattage goes - below 40hz
  15. X

We just need two numbers. A sustained number and a "musical" number at a specific X/Y ratio of peak to moderate power such as what is common in music. At that point, both can be tested and verified without harming the equipment. But damn I love my bulletproof benchmark amps...
  16. X

I would throw something in there about "standard musical playback level" or something... something to make it clear that the max number is the one comparable to (many?) other manufacturers.
  17. X

again, still guessing, but a 10s max power to me says "this is not a capacitor limitation" - it's a temperature issue. I don't know of any other sources of limitations for this kind of thing. But I'm no expert.
  18. X

again, this is a guess, but that 325w will maintain a 95C temperature in room temperature with no active airflow.
Top Bottom