Search results

1. B

Measuring DX7 Pro+ using Cosmos ADC, or Why You Shouldn't Blindly Trust SINAD Scores

Search for "USB optical fiber isolation processor" on aliexpress. It uses optical fiber to ensure the USB signal is isolated.
  2. B

Measuring DX7 Pro+ using Cosmos ADC, or Why You Shouldn't Blindly Trust SINAD Scores

My Cosmos ADC is A-grade and set to 3.5 Vrms. All RMAA measurements are 24/192KHz. TLDR: The THD performance of DX7 Pro+ is great at -1.0dBFS but worse at -1.2dBFS. All ESS DACs have this "oscillating THD" issue (see https://archimago.blogspot.com/2022/07/hi-res-thdn-vs-output-level.html)...
  3. B

Topping DX7 Pro+ vs Chord DAVE measurements (Cosmos ADC) - DAVE is better in some areas (surprise!)

So I bought DX7 Pro+ out of curiosity and measured it using Cosmos ADC (grade A). Note: Here Cosmos ADC is in stereo mode so the noise is not the best. But I care more about harmonic distortions :) My Cosmos APU will arrive tomorrow and then I will measure them again. THD of DX7 Pro+: THD of...
  4. B

Chord DAVE measured by Cosmos ADC

Although I mainly use DAVE for my PSI A17, its headphone output is especially good for IEMs. I find Monarch MKii a great match (no EQ needed :) this is very rare). Here is a low imp. IEM (Senn M2I = 18ohm, good for testing because of its low unit-to-unit variations) at -13dBFS (Cosmos set to...
  5. B

Chord DAVE Measurements (With MScaler) by GoldenSound

FYI I measured my DAVE using Cosmos ADC :) The performance is quite decent (not D90SE level though lol) and without artifacts. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/chord-dave-measured-by-cosmos-adc.32504/
  6. B

Chord DAVE measured by Cosmos ADC

Hi guys. I measured my Chord DAVE using Cosmos ADC (grade A). Cosmos is set to 4.5Vrms in both XLR and RCA measurements. Note DAVE has a HF filter which affects the FR and probably cause the rise of IMD after 18kHz. I will remeasure it later without HF filter. DAVE has higher noise and...
Top Bottom