Search results

1. B

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

reinstalling drivers is a fix, so hopefully it is not a hardware issue
  2. B

i've got a problem with dsd playback with this unit. There is only pink, high frequency noise when i play dsd files, no matter software i use, there is dsd info on screen and reinstalling xmos helps for a while. Is my unit deffective? @SMSL-Mandy
  3. B

@SMSL-Mandy can you tell me is this dac safe to plug with singxer sa1 with dc offset mod (will it produce a dc offset in different words)?
  4. B

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

Since i have returned ex5 and found that mini jack to cinch splitter i'm using has messed up channels (red is left!! haha) my impressions may had been wrong.
  5. B

Geshelli Labs Erish2 (E2) Almost Here!

so what's your opinion about them? I'm interested especially in e2
  6. B

I'm talking about Ex5 being worst. E1da is superb for a dongle
  7. B

"not of much real value to others" - hmm let's speak for yourself, i always consider someone else opinion, especially when that person have no interest in selling the product.
  8. B

Hey, i'm not a OP with pro equipment, i'm just a listener, i would tell you 10 out of 10 in blind test which amp is which. And YES my, conclusions are subjective but they are similar to some reviews of this product.
  9. B

On paper it is good, thats why i bought it, but man, the difference exist and it is very noticible. Just hearing single sound like some kick drum and by comparing them It is clear for me that EX5 sound is muffled and there is less impact, energy given than with THX. Reviews on youtube are...
  10. B

so yeah, i've compared this one with THX789 and big no... EX5 is somehow muddier, there is a lack of transparency, cleanness, less umph in bass, less dynamic than THX. Drop made trully excellent amp, shame it didn't made dac which will be popular as THX with balanced outputs. I'm returning EX5...
  11. B

Can anyone tell me if this amplifier is qualitatively different in sound signature from, for example Drop Thx 789? Now i've got e1da d which serves as a dac connected to THX and although i like how it sounds, i feel like the dac part of this chain could be better. By reading reviews on the...
  12. B

High low converter for AVR to amp , possible sound degradation?

Unfortunately My Onkyo tx 646 have no pre outs for external amp. One of a few options is high to low converter used in car audio. Question is, will the sound be distorted badly in any way... from what i've red, there is only impedance change in that conversion but i'm not an engineer, so if...
  13. B

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

in my case i don't eq them. Overall tone off this headphones is flat as you would expect from monitor cans and as a amateur guitarist i can say that they are giving uncoloured image of instruments with slightly less "vibe" than Sundara (which is near harman perfect) BUT if you compare them...
  14. B

Hifiman Arya Review (headphone)

can anyone tell me why in many headphones measurments there is a 10 khz frequency dip?
  15. B

Audeze LCD-X Review (2021 Edition Headphone)

Found this about Audeze tuning philosophy https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/the-problem-with-frequency-graphs-and-eq-compensation
  16. B

Topping D10 Balanced Review (USB DAC)

are there any hearable / non hearable?? benefits of balanced dac?
  17. B

E1DA 9038D Review (portable DAC & Amp)

hi, is there a way to use e1da as a dac with fixed volume? I want to replace topping dx3 pro v.1 with this thing, now i have it (dx3) plugged as a dac to massdrop thx 789. Will this connection (e1da + thx) be ok?
Top Bottom