Search results

1. tbrobison

Peachtree Gan 1 beta testing sign-ups open

You know, I likely do, but this is the living room, and it is what it is. I'm lucky to enough to have a wife that is okay with my listening hobby. We don't have the luxury of having a, "listening room". On the other hand, the system sounds really good to my ears! Very intimate setting, and...
  2. tbrobison

So far, just crickets to your request.
  3. tbrobison

Anyone in the Netherlands with Measuring Equipment to Probe Fyne Audio F302?

Late to the conversation here, but I have a pair of F302's that I really like. I have them in a studio apartment, and am running a very minimalistic setup: Bluesound Powernode & Fyne F302's. Depending on the recording, the F302's (basically a bookshelf speaker with a built in stand) put out a...
  4. tbrobison

My sentiments, exactly! It's not for everybody, but if there's a minimalist bone in your body, this is the bees knees!
  5. tbrobison

It's pretty cool, isn't it? I previously mentioned that if you take into account (and if one purchases one) the Bluesound Node at, $599, makes the 200/wpc GaN 1, a $1000 amp. That is a fantastic deal on any account. Enjoy your new setup!
  6. tbrobison

Yikes, hope you are able to remedy the situation! Enjoy the Peachtree GaN 1!
  7. tbrobison

I'm experiencing the same here. It is a superb performer! No DAC and the sound is everything I could have hoped for. Auto-On(trigger)/Off is important and a great feature for us. I listen to FLAK and AIFF via attached storage(to Bluesound Node), and have accounts with Radio Paradise, Amazon...
  8. tbrobison

After testing with the keyboard volume buttons, there are no "ticks" or "pops", just dead silence, as it should be. As far as changing sample rates, the only test I tried was by switching from Radio Paradise's CD quality stream to their MQA stream. No pops when switching between these two...
  9. tbrobison

Yes, the Electrons are 4 ohms. Honestly, I can't discern any loss/gain in high frequencies. I've only spent a couple of hours listening, though. By, "when changing sample rates", do you mean like when a CD quality (16 bit/44.1kHz) track ends, and a 24bit/96kHz track begins? If so, I haven't...
  10. tbrobison

So, I've finished setting up the Gan 1 and new Bluesound Node, and it sounds terrific! I'm running the Gan 1 through a pair of Tekton Electrons and I'm impressed! No real way to A/B the Gan 1 with the Nova 150 that was running the Tekton's up until now. All that matters is that it sounds...
  11. tbrobison

Mine arrived yesterday. I'll set it up today and see what there is to see (hear).
  12. tbrobison

Still waiting for your Peachtree Gan 1, or are you listening to it now?
  13. tbrobison

Peachtree Gan 1 & Bluesound Node have shipped! Expected next week. Will report on it when I've set it up.
  14. tbrobison

Denafrips Ares II - is it really worth it?

Your experience, and your partner's, mirror mine and my wife's. I kept the Denefrips for less than 48 hours before finding a buyer.
  15. tbrobison

I’m so glad I learned a lesson regarding DAC’s. Though it did cost just under $100 for that lesson, that’s a bargain compared with the costs of other life lessons.
  16. tbrobison

Yeah, I know what you mean. I do enjoy watching Randy, aka Cheapaudioman, and maybe I should have used the Ares II with a set of headphones, but I didn't, so I can't say for sure, but there just wasn't an audible difference that I, or my wife, could discern. I'm guessing that although I have...
  17. tbrobison

Yeah, I've learned about diminishing returns without have lost a lot of $$. I took a $100 hit in reselling the Ares II because I didn't want to wait too long to get rid of it. Lesson learned. The shear absurdity of the pursuit of audiophile-dom has run its course with me, anyways. I've got a...
  18. tbrobison

I jumped onboard, too! Peachtree Audio's reputation is rock solid. I currently use their Nova150 in my 2 channel system and it's been a great intergrated amp. My only gripe is the volume control, but I mostly set it at halfway, then attenuate volume via the BlueOS app. In answer to your...
  19. tbrobison

Thanks for the graphic, PDX! I think the adage, "I listen with my ears, not with instruments" is more appropriate for me, in my case. I try my best to stay out of rabbit holes, but sometimes one needs the reality of personal exposure. Well, I've had my exposure, and am better off for it...
Top Bottom