Search results

1. M

Topping MX5, A new device?

It will switch to the source it detects signal so if I turn it off on an analog input or BT and power on my computer (which is connected via USB) it will switch to USB input. Likewise if I connect a BT device. I may have interpreted the feature description incorrectly but it doesn't detect audio...
  2. M

You're right, no sound while muted. I mustn't have tested that since upgrading the firmware. My bad.
  3. M

I was able to access a Windows PC and updated my MX5 to firmware version 1.04 (Topping also responded and suggested this.) Unfortunately the problem is still there for me - a high frequency whine from the speakers while the unit is in standby or muted, and analog 'auto-on' is enabled. I have now...
  4. M

Thanks again. Unfortunately the DFU app won't run on my machine (macOS Monterey). I thought it might be a corrupt archive I downloaded but I've re-downloaded it 5 times and no dice. Even tried one from another Topping product line and same issue. I'm seeing some threads about software licensing...
  5. M

Oh interesting! Thanks. I couldn't see any other MX5 firmware updates on the Topping download page. I might flash v1.04 in that case. Does the flash tool (I'm on Mac) display the current firmware? I'm not seeing that anywhere in the device settings.
  6. M

Yes, the default for the RCA and balanced inputs (which are grouped together under the settings) appears to be for the "auto-on" setting to be disengaged. At least that's how my unit arrived. I've tried all the output settings - speakers only, headphones only and both together, I've toggled the...
  7. M

I registered here to report that I received my Topping MX5 just a couple of days ago from a seller on amazon Germany (in the wrong colour - ordered black and received silver) and I too am experiencing the high pitched noise issue. However in my case I have only been using it as a speaker amp and...
Top Bottom