Search results

1. N

Home theater multi-sub front biasing of subwoofer upper frequencies

I enjoyed the process and had some really great results, but ultimately the LS50 Metas upper bass region was just less dynamic than was needed for this setup. I switched over to using 5 KEF R3's for my bedlayer and that ended up shifting my whole bass setup
  2. N

Home theater multi-sub front biasing of subwoofer upper frequencies

I run all KEF LS50 and SVS SB1000s in my multi-subwoofer home theater, which doubles as a 2 channel listening room about 50/50. I chose and prefer the KEFs because I prefer the single-point source soundstage that is created by the concentric coaxial driver arrangement. It removes all...
  3. N

How to do high level input right with a sub.

This is my exact same position on it. I know it is probably biased but using the preamplifier as an analog preamplifier only (allowing my Chord DAC to remain unchanged) seems to provide a more detailed sound-stage. I'm going to make a subwoofer configuration that's optimized for the natural...
  4. N

Yeah, I think people automatically assume that others are trying to double-up bass to get more power and miss the point. Using this an option to compliment the natural 3dB downpoint of bass from bookshelf speakers is beneficial if you're trying to bypass the DAC
  5. N

Well, I'm kinda surprised but I found a better way to do all this and achieve bass management without having to go through the DAC in the my Marantz 8802A. This allows me to use the subwoofers with my LS50 Metas and my outboard DAC without double-bass issues. Long story short, on Denon and...
  6. N

That is extremely helpful, much appreciated! It sounds like we are very similar in what we like about what we hear and our equipment is close enough that I think we are on the same page independently which is significant in my opinion. I intentionally chose the LS50 over other speakers because...
  7. N

Revisiting this because I am in a similar situation. I have KEF LS50 Metas, with two SVS SB1000 subwoofers and an older Velodyne sub that I am mixing in with a MiniDSP 2x4 HD, a Marantz 8802A preamp and a Chord Qutest DAC. It may be psychological but I prefer the Chord Qutest DAC over the...
Top Bottom