Search results

1. N

Report: Faulty HDMI 2.1 chip in receivers also prevents QMS from working (not fixable?)

This has been known for a while. I remember reading on AVS that it's probably not going to be until 2026 that new chips with the correct implementation will be available. It's a hardware issue that cannot be fixed with firmware so qms is going to be bugged in all current and probably the next...
  2. N

Marantz Cinema 70s AVR Review

Does this model have the amp disconnect feature? If So this would make a very nice looking slim 7.2 prepro no?
  3. N

Yamaha RX-A8A Review

So if I am understanding these right (a lot of data here, hoping smarter minds than I can comment), your measurements are similar to what Audioholics measured on the RX-A6A for the equivalent tests, yes? https://www.audioholics.com/av-receiver-reviews/yamaha-rx-a6a
  4. N

Pioneer releases new Elite flagship AVR VSX-LX805 with XLR inputs/outputs for front L/R channels

Guess the big question will be, does it have the same power limiter nanny circuit as its little brothers and cousins?
  5. N

Emotiva Introduces BasX MR1 Home Theater Receiver

cheapaudioman interview with Dan from Emotiva about multiple topics including the MR1. Didn't find it encouraging to hear their philosophy going forward WRT home theater / projector applications
  6. N

New Sony ES 8K AV Receiver Line STR-AZ7000ES STR-AZ5000ES STR-AZ3000ES STR-AZ1000ES

Liking that the bulk of the features, especially room correction, seem to be consistent throughout the line. I don't need a ton of inputs, channels, preouts, or power for my smallish 5.1 room so if I could stay at the 3000ES or even the 1000ES tier my wallet will be happy.
  7. N

Denon as processor

Doesn't offer amp disconnect / preamplifier mode though.
Top Bottom