Search results

1. twsecrest

Portable amp and dac for Sennheiser HD 600

It would be nice to know what digital outputs the portable music player has, so as to be able to recommend a portable DAC/AMP? Budget?
  2. twsecrest

Portable amp and dac for Sennheiser HD 600

What is the make and model of the portable music player?
  3. twsecrest

Hifi speakers or active studio monitors for surround sound

The Denon AVR S760h A/V receiver does not come with any Pre-outs, for connecting self-power (studio monitors) speakers. Any chance you could list the country your in?
  4. twsecrest

Looking for an USB soundcard with S/PDIF in and out for DSP room correction et aa

Why not just run an optical (or coaxial) cable from the PC, to the Marantz?
  5. twsecrest

looking for DAC recommendation for iPad music

So your iPad Pro has a USB-C port, which your going to use for the DAC? Do you have a budget? How about the ($250) Topping DX5 DAC/amp? https://drop.com/buy/topping-dx5-dac-amp?defaultSelectionIds=984613
  6. twsecrest

DX3 PRO PLUS to speaker on PC

Might be a ground loop, put the Topping DX3 Pro and Edifier s350db speakers on separate surge protectors.
  7. twsecrest

Looking for headphones similar to AKG K 240DF

Drop (Massdrop) HE5XX planar headphones, I like their sound. And they come in way under budget.
  8. twsecrest

Looking for headphones similar to AKG K 240DF

Several used 600-Ohm AKG K240 for sale on eBay.
  9. twsecrest

Legion 7 soundcard vs Topping E30 II lite and Topping L30 II perception

If you plug a 600-Ohm headphone into a headphone amplifier jack, that only has a 1-Ohm output impedance, there is no negative effect. If you plug a 600-Ohm headphone into a headphone jack with a 60-Ohm output impedance, it should sound the same as a headphone jack with 1-Ohm output impedance (in...
  10. twsecrest

Legion 7 soundcard vs Topping E30 II lite and Topping L30 II perception

Try installing the free program Foobar2000, with WASAPI installed, try playing a FLAC music audio file. Also Foobar2000 has a Graphics Equalizer add-on.
  11. twsecrest

Doesn't 1/4" RCA negate the benefits of XLR connectors?

I'm stupid, what is a 1/4" RCA? I know what an RCA is and what a 1/4" plug (or jack) is. But have no idea what a 1/4" RCA is?
  12. twsecrest

Choosing RAM in a laptop

For all the time spent working with video editing, sending a few extra dollars for 32GB of 2X16GB of memory is what I would do.
  13. twsecrest

Choosing RAM in a laptop

Get two matching ram sticks. Dual Channel.
  14. twsecrest

What sample rate should use in Windows 11 with Topping DX1

In a very general sense. 16-bit/44.1k is CD audio quality. 24-bit/48k (DVD movie audio quality) should cover just about any audio you normally might use. 24-bit/96k for HD DVD music disks. 24-bit/192k for Blu-ray movie audio. Maybe set audio for 24-bit/96k (?)
  15. twsecrest

Closed back headphones for mixing

Sony MDR-V6 or MDR-7506 monitor (boring sounding) headphones. $50-$60 for a used pair, might have to spend another $10. Spend the rest of your audio budget for headphone for audio enjoyment.
  16. twsecrest

Help choosing headphones for spatial sound in FPS

Drop/Epos PC 38X gaming headphone. https://drop.com/buy/drop-epos-pc38x-yellow-gaming-headset
  17. twsecrest

Need a 2 in x 4 out audio interface with a great headphone amp - recommendations?

With 18-Ohm headphones, there should be no power issue. But, for best damping control, you want the headphone jack to have an output impedance (Ohm) of around 2-Ohms, or less. I'm guessing none of the units listed offers that low of a output impedance. So you might consider getting an add-on...
  18. twsecrest

USB headphone DAC with proper bass EQ

A Schiit Fulla ($109) could replace the SB-Z card. Budget for a USB DAC/amp?
Top Bottom