Search results

1. D

DRC Linear Phase

Interesting what you say about having no dramatic soundstage improvement with DRC. I wouldn't say I have a dramatic improvement, but it's definitely noticeable in both situations where I use it - one in the office with a pair of stand-mounted Focal Alpha 65, both positioned close to the wall...
  2. D

DRC Linear Phase

Registering! Thanks
  3. D

DRC Linear Phase

Very interesting, thank you for sharing your DSP journey. So at one point you tried using IK ARC for amplitude correction along with DRC and rePhase together for phase correction, and concluded that you only needed the phase correction for the crossover? I guess that still introduces latency...
  4. D

DRC Linear Phase

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the late response. I've been away on holiday and forgot about this post. There are multiple config files, with names such as minimum48000.drc, normal48000.drc, strong48000.drc etc., but digging into them it seems that they are all minimum phase as they have a...
  5. D

DRC Linear Phase

Hi all, I've been using DRC Designer to simplify the creation of room correction FIR filters using Denis Sbragion's DRC utility. I generally pick the BK3 curve and the 'normal' preset at 48kHz which loads the config from the normal48000.drc file. I understand that this is a minimum phase filter...
  6. D

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Yeah, I attached a smart plug with energy monitoring today as it happens; it consumes 6 to 7 watts at idle assuming the reading is accurate. I'll have to see how the Topping compares. I should probably ventilate the cupboard a little. I didn't see it as much of a priority with a small class D...
  7. D

I've had this amp for a couple of days now. I didn't expect it to run so hot while idle! I left it switched on overnight and this morning the chassis was 40c sat in a cupboard with a 29c ambient temp. The Topping PA3s never felt more than warm to the touch, but perhaps it just doesn't conduct...
  8. D

I'll experiment with a smart plug, but I think I'll likely just end up leaving it switched on unless I'm tinkering with it, in which case I could just unplug it anyway I guess.
  9. D

I've been using the Topping PA3s with ELAC DBR62 for a while now and it's great. Fosi's amp with Bluetooth didn't appeal to me, but I couldn't resist playing with the V3 at this price and so I've placed an order for the 48v package. I'll be doing some frequency response measurements with each...
  10. D

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

From what I could tell from that thread, I had to add 'dwc_otg.speed=1' to the boot/cmdline.txt file. That file didn't exist, so I created it and added the line, then rebooted. I don't think it worked, as iperf revealed ethernet had over 90Mbit/s of bandwidth, when I understood that this should...
  11. D

Ah yes, I'll give that a go. I wonder if I can drop the ICUSBAUDIO7 altogether and make use of the Hifiberry Digi+ I/O that's sitting there doing nothing. I read that it can't detect sample rates, but my TV only outputs 48000 anyway, so perhaps it's an option for input only and I could use the...
  12. D

I'll have a look into these options, thanks. I imagined it must be possible to simply mix the input in the pipeline somewhere. I wonder if JACK could fit into this somehow.
  13. D

I've not seen any mention of buffer underruns in the log unfortunately.
  14. D

Very useful information, thank you. I think I understand it a little better now. I did indeed have the target_level set to 75% of the chunksize rather than the buffer, which I now understand to be chunksize x 2. My current settings are as follows, though sadly during the track I just played I...
  15. D

I'll give this a try, thanks. I didn't have much luck with setting the adjust_period so low before, but I see that your target_level is set to 100% of your chunksize, so maybe that makes a difference. Do you run a Spotify Connect service on your RPi? I tried raspotify but couldn't get any audio...
  16. D

Here is a snippet of the log for debug mode: 2022-06-22 09:56:58.535246 DEBUG [src/bin.rs:423] SetSpeed message received 2022-06-22 09:57:08.564644 DEBUG [src/audiodevice.rs:614] Current buffer level: 1009.3, corrected capture rate: 100.0016% 2022-06-22 09:57:08.564990 DEBUG...
  17. D

I spoke too soon :( I've since experienced occasional pops and clicks when watching Netflix. I don't know if it's the nature of the audio content that allows me to hear more vs music (quiet scenes?). I've tried multiple combinations of chunksize, adjust_period and target_level and haven't yet...
  18. D

Fantastic, thanks. I've set this to 1536 and so far haven't heard any pops.
  19. D

Hmm, I'm not seeing any clocking options
  20. D

I enabled rate adjust with adjust period set to 10 and buffer fill level to 0. I also enabled accurate asynchronous resampling with a capture rate of 48000. It seems to have improved things, but I still get the occasional pop or stutter. Strangely, I seem to experience these issues more when...
Top Bottom