Search results

1. T

I like my quiet stereo

I spent about 2000$ on a TV and 2000$ on a Sony AVR and 5.1.2 atmos speakers (towers for front , bookshelf for rear etc ) at Best Buy last year - it was all half off for the Super Bowl , and damn it I like it. I listen to it “quietly” and don’t piss off the neighbors - apartment. And it’s...
  2. T

re-sampling multiple times

So, with Qobuz WASAPI exclusive on Win10 -> HDMI -> and my Sony AVR STR-DH790, I can get the display to match what the song is. Let's say for sake of argument this post...
  3. T

Why do they remaster 80's digital recordings in 192/24?

I have listened to the same source - let’s say Apple Music hotel California, the 192 one , making sure to pick the same “remix” - on an Apple TV 4K playing at 48k going into hdmi Sony STR-DH790 … and then toggling over to optical input from Late 2014 Mac Mini playing Apple Music 192 same exact...
  4. T

Apple Music lossless is finally coming to Windows 11!

Perfect timing! I've been using "Late 2014 Mac Mini" to connect to optical In on my receiver to do 24/192, but it's not the same as "WASAPI Exclusive" with Qobuz. I just really like seeing my receiver display the true bit rate since the lossless is a mix of 44.1, 96, and 192. I don't want...
  5. T

High Resolution Music

Hi. I bought Sony STR-DH790, sony speakers 5.1.2; but this is just 2 channel question (well, some "Spatial" question too). I have hooked up: 1) Apple TV 4K via HDMI "8k" cable; 2) a PC via HDMI "1.4" port; 3) a Mac Mini [circa 2014] with OPTICAL from digital headphones out to OPTICAL in of...
Top Bottom