Search results

1. A

Should I upgrade my DAC/AMP stack?

Wait do you know if I should consider the Questyle CMA15? It has less jam packed features but looks more future proof and a one time purchase as it has a really powerful amplifier and a ES9038PRO dac. It costs 1000sgd+ more and is much bigger, but I feel like if I buy this I won't have to...
  2. A

@unpluggged @unpluggged @xaviescacs I think I will actually get the RME ADI-2. I am need of finding an upgrade to my L30 Amp + Creative Soundblaster X g6 setup that I use in my University dorm. The ADI 2 is DAC/AMP combo and would be so easy to put in my suitcase
  3. A

I'll check it out. I've been told here my DAC is absolutely fine. You are right about the AMP though, will look around for more alternatives. I'm feeling a bit lush with my budget
  4. A

@delta76 Yeh true. I always thought my gear was fine. The SMSL SU8 has great reviews and so does the THX 789. The THX 789 also has so much power. I guess I was just bored and decided to look around.
  5. A

@Jimbob54 To be honest, I don't even have to use the balanced mode on my THX. Single ended works on all my headphones. I have also tried using EQ on my gear.
  6. A

I've been told that I need to upgrade my DAC and AMP, but more on upgrading my AMP. I have a THX 789 and an SMSL SU-8 DAC. I guess my higher-impedance headphones like the ZMF Aeolus and Sennheiser HD 600 could use more power. I also recently bought the Sony MDR-Z1R and Fostex TH900 MK2 and...
  7. A

DAC and Amp suggestions for flagship headphones?

Well, I kinda just got Tidal Hifi plus :oops:. Only because I can 50% off since I am a student, so I'm paying about 4.99 pounds. So far, listening to some tracks on master quality, I can tell they sound a bit clearer but also have better separation. I can tell differentiate between each noise...
  8. A

Thank you, everyone, from the looks of it, upgrading my gear would have minimum impact on my listening experience. There is only so far you can spend before experiencing diminishing returns after all. Only my music platform can make the biggest change. I'll take a look into Tidal's HiFi services.
  9. A

Greetings, I have recently purchased a Sony MDR-Z1R, the flagship Sony headphones. Now I am thinking, if my headphones are top tier and I can't upgrade any further, I can only upgrade my DAC/amps/source. My source will remain as Spotify premium (not Tidal, sorry I know). Leaving me with...
  10. A

Topping L30 Headphone Amplifier Review

So ummm guys, coming from a commercial buyer with no knowledge of anything electronic and not understanding all the jargon. What topping says is basically units with S/N 2012 and higher won't have any problems right? Because my Amazon seller just asked me if I wanted a replacement or refund. Im...
  11. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Yeh it was a misunderstanding in the other thread. Later they clarified that they meant the click noise is normal as a relay. My bad
  12. A

Sorry didn't see your message. I just finished typing a long message. Yes the sound is coming from my AMP and not headphones. I feel like I should have made it clear. After turning on my amp, it makes 1 CLICK noise. No clicking noises from headphones
  13. A

Review and Measurements of Massdrop THX AAA 789 Amp

Hey guys, after I turn on my 789 amp, is it normal to hear one click sound followed by the led signal turning on? ONLY 1 click sound. I thought the click was to show it had turned on right. I have been using it fine since early 2019 Because I was on another thread for another amp, the L30. I...
  14. A

Yeh that was what I thought. Maybe I interpreted solderdude's statement wrong
  15. A

My batch number is 2011622170. I do not have any audio cut out. But I do hear a loud tick sound whenever I turn on my amplifier. I thought was normal? When I use my THX 789 amp from Drop, I always hear a loud tick whenever I turn on that amp. I have been using the THX 789 amp also for years...
  16. A

Hey guys. I bought the L30 around the end of November from Amazon and it arrived on 17th December. Until now I have been using it with no problems. However, I have seen some users headphones are exploding and the unit themselves. Should I be worried? My batch is 2011622170. The seller has...
  17. A

Review and Measurements of Sound BlasterX G6

Is there a way I can use the G6 as a DAC only and connect to any other amps?
  18. A

Which DAC measurements do you like to see next?

Will you be reviewing the new 'gaming' dac and amps by shiit? A shiit fulla 3 at 99$ and a Hel at 189$
  19. A

Centrance DACport HD or Spectra X?

I am looking for a thumb size or fairly small dac/amp smaller than the nx4 dsd for my laptop use. I have a nx4 dsd but it is just too big for me and honestly I dont need that much power. All I plan to use the dac/amp with is with iems mainly my jh 13vs and campfire cascade both of which do not...
  20. A

We measure audio equipment for free!!!

Yes , I was just merely stating that he could also look into other Chinese brands if he feels like exploring
Top Bottom