Search results

1. C

Inspiration - DIY upfiring Atmos speakers?

I live in a concrete house and it's a pain to hide cables. I have that solved now with my 7.2 setup, and would like to avoid adding speakers in the ceiling. Putting them on top of my front speakers would be the most suitable solution. Thanks for the advice, I'll check them out.
  2. C

Inspiration - DIY upfiring Atmos speakers?

Hi, I have plans on building upfiring Atmos speakers and are looking for good examples. Have you guys built any or seen constructions that interests you? My fronts are Monitor Audio Silver 500 6g. Avaliable surface area on top of front speakers (Width x Depth): 297 x 367 mm Thanks in advance!
  3. C

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

The "'can't recommend" is also kind of a recommendation But I would really like to find decent adapter without soldering, even if I'm capable if I have the time. Thanks!
  4. C

Topping G5 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

I have IEM's with 2,5mm male. Do you guys have suggestions for a good adapter to use the balanced 4,4mm out on the G5?
  5. C

Portable dac+amp for taking calls with iem?

Thanks for your answers. I find it a but funny there's no "good" way to answer calls with IEM's when listening to lossless music There's so much gadgets out there.
  6. C

Thanks for your answers! I have a Samsung S22, so maybe a Qudelix 5K with IEM's connected by Kinera Gramr-headset cable would be a good option. Does anyone have a better suggestion?
  7. C

Hi! I have a few IEM's. I mainly listen to and from work. I want them to be connected to my phone via a dongle or portable dac/amp solution and I'd like to be able to answer calls if it happens, using a cable with a microphone. Is it possible to listen lossless and combine it with taking a...
  8. C

WiiM Pro - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Great review. I ordered a Wiim Pro and will use it in my home office/computer room. I'd like to add a combined dac/headphone amp with built in preamp mode to be able to connect it to both my headphones and active speakers (Kali IN-5). Main focus on being able to easily change between headphone...
  9. C

Amp + streamer options for Elac Deb. Ref. 62?

I'm pleased with the speakers. I ended up with: Streamer: Argon Solo (could have been a chromecast audio but I found this to a bargain price) Dac: E50 Amp: PA5 I use the remote for the E50 to adjust volume. The Argon Solo is a wireless unit and have worked fully so far. No sub so far...
  10. C

MiniDSP SHD Studio

What dacs do you guys use with your SHD Studio? It would be nice if they fit nicely size wise.
  11. C

Topping E50 Review (Balanced DAC)

I ordered this dac and the PA5 amplifier. I forgot the fact that I would like to connect a subwoofer later on. Is the E50 capable of output signal in both balanced and unbalanced at the same time in preamp mode? That would solve it for me. If not I would be happy for other suggestions on how...
  12. C

Amp + streamer options for Elac Deb. Ref. 62?

Hi, I'm rather new to ASR. By coincidence I got a pair of speakers recommended by this forum, the Elac Debut Reference 62. I'm gonna use them for a dining room setup. Now I'm looking for something to drive them and I want: - Small in size - Support for Chromecast and Roon - Preferably support...
  13. C

Monoprice Flat Adhesive Super Slim Speaker Wires... what's your view, is it a decent cable? The idea isn't totally stupid.

For your information. I asked their support if this cable would become available from their EU site and got the following reply: "The product is not certified for the EU market and there are currently no plans to sell it here. However, we are getting more and more enquiries for various US...
  14. C

Khadas Tea - New smartphone dac and amplifier

Not a lot of information yet. But might be a bit interesting: https://www.khadas.com/tea
  15. C

DAC and amp dongle that also charges through USB-C? (use in car)

Hi, I'd like to find a dongle to use in my car. I have a Hidizs S9, but would like to be able to charge the phone at the same time. It would just drain my phone if I used it in my car with the screen on. Any suggestions? Is there suitable dac and amp combinations with power input and output...
  16. C

Headphone adapter kits, multi cable kits, available alternatives?

Hi! I have three headphone amps and couple of headphones. They all have different outputs and cable connectors. I've been searching for cable kits / adapter kits. The ones I've seen is Hart Audio cables: https://hartaudiocables.com/collections/hacable-kit What alternatives is there out there...
  17. C

Allo Boss2 Review (Stereo Streamer)

I just got one of these bare units in acrylic. I'm kind of new to the Raspberry pi4 and have a few questions: -I'd like to add a wifi dongle and at home I have a wifi 6 (ax) compatible network. Is there any suitable wifi dongles compatible with pi4 and supporting wifi 6? If the answer is no...
  18. C

Hidizs S9 Pro release

Strange. It says in the product information: "The four-pin mini-XLR connection allows compatibility with balanced cables" Anyways, I shouldn't bother this tread more with headphone specifics.
  19. C

Hidizs S9 Pro release

Really? In that case I'll have to look into how to do that. Thanks.
Top Bottom