Search results

1. M

Aiyima A07/A08 + DAC vs. Loxjie A30

Yes, that's how it's connected. Headphones connected don't switch the output. If that's an option, I'd like to use it, but you have to change the output manually. It can be done from the unit or the remote, though it's a little cumbersome via the unit. (Go into menu, select output mode...
  2. M

For me, I got burned on a scam D30 and the E50 was the only quality available option from a trusted distributor, at the time I bought it. So it was a happy but unintended inclusion. I went with the Aiyima A07 because it was rated well and has (apparently, if real) high quality Japanese caps and...
  3. M

Dunno. Since it was relegated to HT use, I've only ever run it through the AV sub out. I've got a few options: - line into sub, line out to amp - line into sub, high pass out to amp - aux out into sub - miniDSP 2x4HD (unopened, heard horror stories, might send back unopened) I'll have to carve...
  4. M

I've got an SVS SB12-NSD but haven't yet hooked it up to the system. Currently it's doing duty as the HT sub, but will be migrated. I'll update this thread when I move it.
  5. M

I don't have a problem pushing them in a small room. (Maybe 14'x18'?) I never went over 60% on any of these speakers with the Aiyimas in any room in my house. Any more is definitely breaching comfort level. I calibrated the B6.2's to 75dB from about 12' away and the knob was around 25% for...
  6. M

I've got the Elac B6.2, Aiyima A07, and Topping E50 DAC and couldn't be happier. It's a really wonderful, inexpensive setup. (Also have/love the DBR6 and BS41's, in case you're interested in the family. All pushed with Aiyima A07's.)
  7. M

Any SPECTROGRAM experts? have a question/wondering if my idea is possible

Former DSP developer, here... Yes, it's possible. I did something similar about a decade ago to synchronize different mic sources that may have spanned several dozens of yards, as well as different record start times. The initial/rough sync correlates FFT signatures, then time domain syncs with...
  8. M

What is the best Multichannel AVR on the market right now?

A single number is never great to represent dynamic systems, but it seems reasonable to center on a more meaningful measurement. For example: WORST_CASE_SINAD ÷ (HARMONIC_ORDER_1 × HARMONIC_DB_1 + ... HARMONIC_ORDER_n × HARMONIC_DB_n) ...would adjust the value taking into account...
  9. M

ifi Zen Blue Review (Bluetooth Receiver & DAC)

Wired > wireless, but if you go Bluetooth, you'll want to force LDAC @ 44.1/48k 16-bit for (close to?) lossless to make the most of the limited transfer rate. (Transients are noticably improved over higher sample rates, and I wouldn't trust them squeezing as much frequency data into the signal...
  10. M

How to disassemble Topping E50?

USB and coax work and sound amazing! Great job, Topping!
  11. M

Just a side note: I'm very much enjoying this DAC! Great quality! I have an iFi Zen Blue v2 to do (close to? actual?) lossless 44.1K/48K 16-bit LDAC stuff, but noticed a distinct drop in quality after "upgrading" from a Lavaudio DS200Pro. I got this DAC to do a better job in the chain, as well...
  12. M

Solved my own problem. For anyone that wants to get inside, in the future: Unlike several models, there are no screws on the bottom of the device. And, unlike several models, the back plate is FIRMLY wedged within the rear of the unit. After trying to wedge a screw in one of the screw holes...
  13. M

Just received a brand new Topping E50 after a bunch of headaches, only to find something is rattling around inside. By the sounds of it, it seems like a free screw. Nothing else seems to be rattling around, so I'm hoping it just fell in during assembly and went unnoticed. After all the time and...
  14. M

Confused about volume

Thank you for clarifying the pitfalls of both attenuation methods. I will experiment with the levels and see if I can find a happy middle ground. The analog control seems to do fine; there's no perceptible L/R balance issue. (Though that may be hidden by the fact that ideal speaker placement is...
  15. M

Confused about volume

I should note: subjectively, it seems to sound better/cleaner with the BT receiver at full volume vs lower with the amp at mid/high volume, but I have no way to measure it. I would guess amplifying the weak signal — possibly closer to the distortion floor — is worse than higher preamp level +...
  16. M

Confused about volume

Hello! First time poster, long time objectivist... I've spent most of my life appreciating flat response, spent most of my time, money, and energy towards that in as thrifty way as reasonable. Recently I stumbled onto these fora, Amir's reviews and videos, and was transformed from "flat is...
Top Bottom